• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pet Group Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
I am just setting up new group of mages after the tutorial and 1 wiz (for porting) and I have all toons level 12. I want to make sure of a few things after reading the Kissassist Instructions. This is just for leveling purposes. I can PL them myself in a day or two but I want to do this just as their group (with outside buffs/pet toys).

Main Mage would be set to Role=HunterPetTank this would allow it to roam and pull in the predefined pull area. Return to camp would not be used correct?

Alt Mages and Wiz would be set to Role=Assist along with ChaseAssist =1 so that they should follow the Main Mage around at distance 25 (default) correct?

Since I am using pets to tank and there will be 5 of them, where can I set it to immediately summon a new pet and send it in if the pet dies? I don't want it to wait until the mob is dead to summon a new pet. This would be for ALL the mages. Would this be a holyshit command? Does anyone have one I can use? I do not need pet toys on them as it is for keeping a pet in the battle. I will handle pet toys manually when I want them. If it matter, I will be only using the Air Pets and I realize I will need to change the pet spell every new one I get.

Would I be able to use shaman, ranger, mage (my main group's buffers and PLer's) to just follow this group and buff/heal them as needed?

Eventually this will be a support group to my main group of 110's to do bigger and better things. Is there anything special on how to run 1 main group and then this mage group to assist the main group in battle. Now 5 mages and a wiz would probably killsteal the main group I understand if I may need to break the group up so that the main group gets the kill. Any tips or any pre-made .ini for running a second group in tandem of the first group's actions? Or would I just have them assist the main tank in the first group with my normal .ini? If not possible, would i be able to set the main in group 2 to pet tank and the rest to assist and then manually tell the main in group 2 to assist the main in group 1 since nothing would be set to pull anything?

Make sure you turn off your damaging spells on your main group. At the end game, you could keep the 5mag ungrouped so your main can out dps all of them. Hunter will make you roam, yes. Chaseassist I thought was when the mob was running away but I could be wrong. I would just set them to follow personally. Just my two redcents.

ChaseAssist

0/1

0=Off/1=On - If set to 1 macro will follow main assist around instead of returning to camp (Note: Set ReturnToCamp to 0)

Why would I not want DPS on for the casters in the Main Group? I want them to get the xp. Now if the Mage group (singled not actually grouped) was DPS turned off, I could understand that so it would only be air pet dmg/stuns.

Question - Pet Group Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back