• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - PC Crash and Reboot (1 Viewer)

Borrak

RedCents
10¢
Recently loaded MQ2 went through some tutorials and all was fine. Started to work through Kissassist tutorial and received a windows system crash. Message with giant QRcode on the screen, your systems is rebooting, gathering some data. Anyone know what this is or experience something similar? I am not sure if it legit or not but never had an issue playing eq until I tried to start the /mac kissassist command.

Don't know if you're still having any problems or not, but we'd need more details on what occurred in order to really offer much. (What exactly was being done at the time, what errors you got, what your system specs are...)

Otherwise, if you have an issue like this again, that QRCode is a new feature of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Here's a site that covers it some and tells you how you can use that information to figure out what happened.
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-use-qr-codes-shown-windows-10-bsods-learn-whats-wrong

I've honestly never had issues with MQ2 that I didn't have with EQ already. I run 5 clients at one time (6 rarely). That said, this machine is more than capable of that. Specs and system state is going to be your tell-tell here.

Tech - PC Crash and Reboot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back