• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Pay up if you're due (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,656¢
They are doing a patch on the money side of things - very important if you are due your monthly fee that you pay up. Also note where it says pw will not be auto filled. So write em down!!

Hello,
On 2/23 at 1 AM PST we will be starting a 24 hour maintenance period on our commerce systems. During this timeframe

During this timeframe there may also be intermittent issues with launch pad, if you have trouble and see the following message, "LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance."

Please also refer to https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063029213 for a possible work around.

It's important to note, this does not mean the game servers will be down for maintenance, you will still be able to log in and play. Please take the time to make sure you know your username and password for your accounts as those will be not be able to be auto filled during the maintenance.

Shame they dont update the commerce ingame as well I would love to see the bazaar trader and barter plat cap raised from 2m to idk 4m ?

There is a reason they can’t just raise it and it’s because of the structure of Eq’s code. Plat values in bazaar are stored in servers as copper values. Without a major rewrite they can’t just boost it up

There is a reason they can’t just raise it and it’s because of the structure of Eq’s code. Plat values in bazaar are stored in servers as copper values. Without a major rewrite they can’t just boost it up
so just put in "mega" coin vendors and add that as a trade currency.. IE my XXXXXX item is 30 mega coins (real cost 3050000 with coin vendor fee)..

They claim resources. Well we now know eq make 3 times what they spend on it every year. Resources my ass. The entire system needs to be scrapped for an auction house system. Make the system outside of EQs currency limits by having people deposit plat into it for purchases and you can decide how that new system handles the plat without rewriting eqs ancient code. So say 1 plat = x amount of auction house currency etc. When you withdraw the currency it will parcel it back to you as plat.

#1 thing EQ lacks is creativity within its staff. It really would not be that hard to create a currency that you exchange plat for that works outside of the games dropped currency from killing/selling item to vendors once you do that change the bazaar system to use that new currency. They already create new currencies every expansion for group and raid vendors right ?

Last edited:
#1 thing EQ lacks is creativity within its staff. It really would not be that hard to create a currency that you exchange plat for that works outside of the games dropped currency from killing/selling item to vendors once you do that change the bazaar system to use that new currency.
They tried this with Nobles and in typical EQ fashion, fucked it completely up.

How can there be a limit of 2mil pp for the bazaar but you can trade hundreds of millions person to person and also store it in your bank?

Because Bazaar prices are stored as a function of copper pieces, there are 1000 cp:100 sp: 10 gp: 1pp. Maximum plat on a character or in a shared bank is just a smidge over 2 billion. The maximum price in a bazaar is the same just over 2 billion cp (aka just over 2 million pp). TLDR: Plat in inventory is stored as pp. Plat prices in bazaar are stored as CP.

How can there be a limit of 2mil pp for the bazaar but you can trade hundreds of millions person to person and also store it in your bank?
Also parcel limit of 2mil as that is sent in copper.

I think nobles could still work if they made them mandatory for the bazaar
The whole problem with nobles is that you take a loss on conversion. Not appealing for any sane person.

What will happen is people will list in the bazaar and trades happen outside it.

They do not even need to hammer on the bazaar code all that much. Make the minimum sell price 1 platinum. When storing it that means the value 1 is 1 plat and not 1 copper anymore. Everyone will have to reprice their stored barter/trader prices but that should not be their problem.

Fact is they hate tradeable gear. Have said multiple times that the FV ruleset was a mistake and dislike it. The limit is artificial, they know how to fix it they just do not want to.

Fact is they hate tradeable gear. Have said multiple times that the FV ruleset was a mistake and dislike it. The limit is artificial, they know how to fix it they just do not want to.

I don't disagree, but is their a source? I find this interesting, and would love to see their reasoning first hand.

I don't disagree, but is their a source? I find this interesting, and would love to see their reasoning first hand.
they have said quite a few times they absolutely hate FV and tradable loot - if for no other reason than the amount of petitions it creates from RMT. "i paid dude $300 for xyz and he never gave me xyz"

IIRC the lst time JChan was on twitch talking this was brought up

they have said quite a few times they absolutely hate FV and tradable loot - if for no other reason than the amount of petitions it creates from RMT. "i paid dude $300 for xyz and he never gave me xyz"

IIRC the lst time JChan was on twitch talking this was brought up
Yeah FV is a chopshop for stolen gear. Steal the account move it to FV sell of the loot for $$ and disappear. Some people did it themselves and petitioned to get char/gear back.

Didn't know about this sentiment with FV. I moved to FV from my beloved Luclin and I've never had a doubt about the move. I do miss the more community-oriented feel of Luclin, but FV fits more in with my "I can buy my way into current content" motto since I have limited time.

Update:

In response to the question - What if your account auto bills during that period? Like a three month subscription? There is no way to do those early?

Dreamweaver responded: It's not a patch and to my understanding it will just move it to the next day.

So it appears it just any manual billing stuff we cannot do during that period.

IRL - Pay up if you're due

Users who are viewing this thread

Back