• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - patch nerf to 1-52 power level (1 Viewer)

That sucks balls. Bah, thought they wouldn't bother with it, its been there so long.. some mouthy bastard must have opened his mouth in the wrong place.

Like I mentioned in the particular trade, saw people asking about this openly in FV General chat. Please folks, if you have any (badword coming) fucking questions about stuff that is too good, ask one of us here first.

i still roll ds pl, get a toon with throw stone and then pump ds up on my sk, using mage/wiz/sk self buffs and clickies with a shield and zlandicar's heart while ae hating.

That sucks. I use an Enchanter, Druid, Ranger to DS PL. Enchanter is the tank, and runes are good to take virtually no damage until the PLee is about 70-75 (depending on # of toons being PLed and zone). Not to mention, runes are insane AE aggro. Use Druid DS and ranger reverse DS on chanter. I suppose letting the druid tank would work better, but then I'd have to heal her... :) Next they'll nerf damage shields, and you'll have to go heroic or make a whole group to level itself.

I don't think this is dramatic enough of a change to cause anyone to quit Everquest.

Me too... I wanted to do this to bring up a new warrior and a couple other toons. Guess I'll have to go heroic or just do it the old fashioned way!

mannnnnn
first bone chips! now this!
i'll have to do it the semi old fashioned way now.
Also this isnt some new nerf from being in FV general.
3-4 years ago people were talking about this in vox general np.

I would assume that this has been "in the works" for a little bit, and not just an after thought quick fix due to a few peeps talking about it in general chat a few days before it was nerfed.

I have an account on two different MQ2 sites (three if you count MQ2 VIP forums) ... It's easy to maintain and would give you the perfect insight into the community, especially on a site like RG (where exploits are still posted periodically). I have no doubt there's a dev/GM presence on some of these sites.

I surely hope at this point that everyone knows how Bard PL'ing works. Stay within 15 levels of your target PL'ee, switch zones frequently because of this, mass pulls, use AE pots from Zordak for non AE classes. This is a lot more work, especially early on, but it's the tried and true method of the ages. Doing anything more than this for levels 1-50 is a waste of cpu, you don't need to 3 box a PL squad or anything for the low levels. Shit, you don't really ever need it because once you're 75 you can group with 105. The hardest part is finding enough mobs in zones that don't require an hour of travel (which is the only real reason to box a druid/wiz).

Hardest part about bard PL'ing is finding those sweet spot zones where your song can hit the mobs but are still red enough to bring in craploads of experience. Essentially, I'd just use my SK to pull massive trains (no DS, no weapons), AE agro then train up, pulse the little bard's AE damage song a few times (this is why you can't go to zones too high... the song has to land), and then when you've hit enough of the mobs load up on the SK's DS (not hard) and spam /sit until they're all dead. Easy.

Not as easy as doing these tasks was .... Lol ..... But still easy.

+1 for POK missions, but you'll need:

1) A damage shield buff for the puller/aggro holder
2) A way to do AE damage to all of the mobs

Usually I'll do this with my mage and just pop a ds on after I have a lot of aggro. Level a druid or a ranger or buy DS potions.

+1 for POK missions, but you'll need:

1) A damage shield buff for the puller/aggro holder
2) A way to do AE damage to all of the mobs

Usually I'll do this with my mage and just pop a ds on after I have a lot of aggro. Level a druid or a ranger or buy DS potions.

For the low level character if I'm leveling someone up who doesn't have an AE I make a bard

Exactly. Though I heard there is also a low-level AE damage potion you can buy... ?

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=25011&printer=tree 4 charges 1000 plat
Nagafen's Lair (Sol B)
Zordak Ragefire @ -1370, -346, -42, Near entrance to castle area

I don't really like the pok mission because I'm lazy and don't like the task adding and such plus those trains are so small and theres lots of zoning which if you're doing a full group is blaahhh even though I know you can use bcga commands to get the whole group to say the phrase to enter and you're also limited to 5 characters rather than 6.

I do crescent reach to level 18 or 20ish then I do bees in blightfire moors till they go lb then I do stonehive till i feel its slow then dulak or nadox then dulak and then bam you're planar level. POI till 60 then pofire if I'm ae/ds pling. DS pling in pofire goes pretty good with a 105 chanter + a couple mages for ds and a bard for more ds, the chanter doesn't get pushed around with his runes on and you can just sit there and spam runes just pull everything past c1 (whole 2nd field and 2nd castle)

Before the shroud exp nerf you could also shroud to a form that used Throw stone. Not sure if that's viable anymore.

why not take 2 high level toons and the plee to a mid teir zone and have one high level toon shroud to a rogue or zerker shroud, run the hitall mac and then pump ds on the pling toon? the shroud and the plee will be in same grp and would "share" the exp as a group but really only the plee will truely see the exp bar move. Thats how i did all my pling. Lvl 1 make em join a fellowship get port stone. take 3 high level toons to a remote zone thats mid 45 to 50ish drop a campfire and port the level 1 there, gate one high level to pok and shroud and grab your fellowship token and port back and grp with low level toon. Pull on pling toon throw stone the mass and ds kill the pack first pull should net you into the 20's since exp is capped per level ( think more so only a certin amount of exp can be gain per kill at any given level). Basically in 4 hours i can be ae training in the planes with a lvl 50ish toon and my sk.

- - - Updated - - -

same zone with a lvl 1 toon would get 8% per kill till 10 then would go to around 12% per kill then at 20 would go to 15% per kill same zone at lvl 30 would start scaling back done to 10 or 12% per kill. Then around 35 to 37 they would drop to 1% for 3 levels then go back to 3% till 45 then would drop to 1% per kill, at that point i am pulling 3/4 of the entire zone (around 300 mobs total) in under 15 mins and would be waiting for spawns.

News - patch nerf to 1-52 power level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back