• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Patch day question (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
Can someone tell me how long it usually takes to update VeryVanilla for the patch?

I am mostly curious if I should expect it to take a few hours or a few weeks?
Also, is there a way to disable the version check, so that I can run it anyway?
My chars are lvl 60 or lower, so the zones that I am working in I do not think were affected by the patch.

My experience is that is a few hours, not a few weeks. I used to compile my own, and it would typically be a few hours before the MQ2 Devs would have it fixed, and then I would assume a bit of overhead for RG admins to package it up. (when I compiled my own, very rarely it would be the next day if the patch broke a lot of things) I believe if you donate to the DEVs, you can get access to a pre-release version to test a bit earlier then the final release. (A fine thing to do anyway if you can, to keep the motivation rolling to update MQ2)

[It has nothing to do with zones, or the levels of your characters. It's that the program is sending instructions differently, and MQ2 needs to be updated to the new instructions to work. It's generally updated within a few hours of uptime, unless its a major change to the game that completely changes functionality.

The fact that Test Server is patched the week before and Live Patches are basically the test patch pushed without any changes (even if bugs are found lol) helps keep the Live servers patch reasonably short. Sometimes major changes are made that impact more than a “normal” patch and then Eqmule and crew end up spending more time on it. In those instances the update might stretch into multiple days (2-3). I think they generally know when that might happen and try to give us all a heads up, though (think expansion release times and stuff).

I have a QUESTION .. I just got MQ2 the other day never use it before seems ok so far haven't had it long the question is does it take this long to get Mq2 up ever time EQ patches?

I have a QUESTION .. I just got MQ2 the other day never use it before seems ok so far haven't had it long the question is does it take this long to get Mq2 up ever time EQ patches?

This was exactly the OPs question and was answered in the posts previous to yours. Mostly it’s a few hours, once or twice a year ( usually when expansions release) it may take a few days but that is uncommon.

Just have patience. Trust me, they are working on it as we speak.

Question - Patch day question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back