• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - P99 massive bans (1 Viewer)

RedCents
470¢
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144205

From Rogeon on P99 forums:

"As many of you know, Project 1999 takes our rules very seriously, from boxing, to cheating, to RMT.

3 Months ago, I wrote the following paragraph:

I briefly mentioned some recent RMT bans, and I wanted to elaborate on that. We have done multiple waves of bans in recent weeks for RMT activity.

Contrary to popular belief, we take RMT seriously. We have a vast arsenal of utilities at our disposal to identify and track suspected activity. Once a particular player has been identified, it is very easy for us to match all associated accounts, and flag all possible transactions. More staff members have been given access and trained on these utilities.

It is not always immediate, but our logs exist forever, and you will be found. There are no way to hide the trades and it is just a matter of time.

DO NOT Buy OR Sell platinum, items, or characters for money. It is not worth it to lose your characters over.

When I wrote this message, I wasn't kidding. We noticed, in particular, a new RMT site claiming to never have a customer banned. We silently tracked accounts we found affiliated with their operation, and now today we are permanently banning over 400 accounts that have participated in these activities. Don't bother petitioning unless you have a strong defense.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get the message across.. I said in the last update that we have the logs, and that you will be found. You are THROWING money away. Throwing it at someone who does nothing beneficial to the server other than get you banned, instead of SUPPORTING the server, and helping the staff that pours our own money and free time into providing this for you. It's insulting to us."

thats a lot of accounts to ban! hope no one heres affected

News - P99 massive bans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back