• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

OT: Trying to run a game that forbids 2 instances (1 Viewer)

Easy_Moder

RedCents
Ok, I'm trying to run Last Chaos with 2 accounts, but the program will not allow me to have two instances of it.

The things I've tried: Renaming the file. Doesn't work because the patcher locates the file, and tells it to run. If you rename the game.exe (Nksp.exe in this case) nothing happens. I've tried to start the game.exe itself, but it will not run without the patcher making it. I've looked up and down for a program that hides processes, but there isn't an accessible one out there for XP, if one even exists.

I've a couple ideas if anyone could help me out. If I could rename it(might not work, anyways), and start it without the patcher then I think it might work. Problem is I have no idea how to stop the patcher. I remember in EQ there are programs out there that will launch the game and ignore the patcher. I also remember there being a set of instructions you could place in the eqgame shortcut. I don't remember the syntax if someone could help me out with that. I could use some help if someone knows how to get past a program that forbids two instances.

i don't know if it would work, but you could try wineq2. you MIGHT be able to run just the game and not the patcher from that. I don't know.

Innerspace works with just about any directx game, and you can bypass the patcher with it, give it a try.

You can also email Lax directly on lavishsoft.com and ask him if he supports it and if he would be willing to.

OT: Trying to run a game that forbids 2 instances

Users who are viewing this thread

Back