• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Optimal eqclient.ini settings (1 Viewer)

Wink-

RedCents
1,269¢
Do any of these settings have a significant impact on EQ for multiboxing?

VertexShaders=TRUE
20PixelShaders=TRUE
14PixelShaders=TRUE
1xPixelShaders=TRUE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE
PostEffects=FALSE
UseLitBatches=TRUE

**Using shaders offloads the processing to the video card away from the processor, so it's good to turn them on!**

Last edited:
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but one thing with the eqclient.ini I've been experiencing is even oncne I have all those settings the way I want them, sometimes they seem to revert back to defaults. It's really annoying to have all your battle spam in the main window after years of having it hidden in a minimized box somewhere.

But with that said, I usually turn off everything except the top four hot buttons inside the advanced tab of the eq display settings area. I believe that corresponds to the first four items in your list. I can't remember why I do that or where I read that, but it was a long time ago when I was trying to optimize my settings.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but one thing with the eqclient.ini I've been experiencing is even oncne I have all those settings the way I want them, sometimes they seem to revert back to defaults. It's really annoying to have all your battle spam in the main window after years of having it hidden in a minimized box somewhere.

But with that said, I usually turn off everything except the top four hot buttons inside the advanced tab of the eq display settings area. I believe that corresponds to the first four items in your list. I can't remember why I do that or where I read that, but it was a long time ago when I was trying to optimize my settings.

Individual character ini files overwrite those files, you have to set EACH character up via the options menu

A Razkle quote "set the file to read only" to stop unwanted changes. He was reffering to a different file but it will work here.

G'day,
Playbetter

Individual character ini files overwrite those files, you have to set EACH character up via the options menu

I've done that. I've been running five toons from the same setup with slightly different settings for a long time now. Recently, I've added four more toons to the mix, and now it seems that my toons will randomly reset to default settings periodically... even sometimes my original toons who've been stable for a very long time. It is never a full default reset for ALL toons.... just a few.

It's particularly annoying to find that a bound hotkey that's been set a certain way since 2001 and is automatic for me no longer works, not to mention the changes in quick buying aa's and no drop loot and all that shit.

Imagine MY nightmare on settings lol I now have a core setup and a class setup with all the hotkeys for EACH class that I manually copy over to any new toons outside EQ after they have logged in 1 time. I get used to shit being where I want it!

someone posted about this issue on the main MQ boards some time back and came to the conclusion that loading toons up too fast will cause certain EQ settings to revert to default values. It was one reason some folks went to use some sort of script set up to load thier toons, and give enough time between loading to not run into that. If I am recalling correctly, the poster had like a 5 second delay originally and ended up with a 15s. I myself do a 10s delay, but I imagine it will be different on each system.

It may not fix your issue but it gives you something to try anyways =)

Guide - Optimal eqclient.ini settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back