• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Opinion on a 1 character MQ build for epics (1 Viewer)

HouseOfX

RedCents
570¢
I'm looking for thoughts on a 1 character MQ build on Live servers.

My goal is to use this character for completing Epic 1.0 and 1.5 MQ efforts. I'm currently working through or starting epic 1.0 on around 12 characters. It looks like one of the real pains will be the Cloak of Spiroc Feathers on the PoA for the Necro. I've been able to solo all of the content on Plane of Fear with a stock heroic SK except for the 2 golems that Death Touch (haven't seen them yet).

Epic Observations so far...just using heroics to pursue content

1. Wiz epic - easy other than VS (timing is a pain and he has campers), fortunately he popped after the patch and I took him down with a Twincast. Just have to turn in to complete.
2. SK epic - easy
3. Ranger - just starting
4. Cleric - just starting
5. Druid - just starting
6. Necro - easy up to Plane of Sky which is where I'm currently
7. Shaman, Paladin, Warrior, Bard, Monk - have not started

I surmise I need a character with enough HP to survive two death touches who can put down a mob quickly. I would imagine SK makes sense (HarmTouch), but looking for thoughts and suggestions.

SL

as far as i r ember harm touch = death currently does around 800k damage so if you fighting those mobs better grab a friend along, but also read up on alla as they have made some alternate mobs that drop various pieces, can usully adviode the HT mobs and some dragons ( can't r ember all the mobs that they made alternates for ).

for most 1.0 mobs a sk is a good choice.

I thought the made it so the pet owner gets the DT.

But old school DT's can be fully or partly resisted, and my SK takes down a fear golem in like 10 sec...

That's my thought on SK as the most likely option...

Mob for Necro epic is Keeper of Souls...I'm thinking a pair of SK's with the Necro should take down..Could try Wiz with twincast as an alternate.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=7610

- - - Updated - - -

But old school DT's can be fully or partly resisted, and my SK takes down a fear golem in like 10 sec...

That is my understanding also, pet classes get the DT not the pet. I may be wrong though.

- - - Updated - - -

Great post on SK spell damage...

http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=4243.0

HT info: HT at 26/26 ranks in AA: 500000 DD and 83334 DoT for 7 ticks - these damages are not modified by anything that I've found. Cannot Twincast. Cannot Crit.

FYI: You get 18 ranks on a Heroic SK.

Keeper of souls is a cake, 3 kills for 3 necros with my SK, didn't even realize till now it had a DT..

- - - Updated - - -

Note if you catch the horse island up... and want to work on maximizing drop chances, kill 1 mob, wait for Keeper to spawn, then kill Keeper. If it doesn't drop your drop , then kill 2nd mob, wait for Keeper...

That's why I was careful to specify "HT" and not "DT." I couldn't recall the specific mechanics for DTs, but I know that pets will eat HTs from SK mobs.

When I needed to farm the DT golems with my SK, here's what I did:

I had a cleric Merc up, and I charged in and ate the DT, and then my cleric Merc rezzed me. Now I just had to burn the Golem down before his DT refreshed, which I was easily able to do with Harm Touch and things.

Agro it with Harmshield up wait for the dt message click off and kill mob in less than 30.

That said unless you want the 1.0, the 1.5 prequest is typically much faster.

Discussion - Opinion on a 1 character MQ build for epics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back