• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Opening a named bag (1 Viewer)

Hellaciouss

RedCents
241¢
Hello all,

I am having a slight issue with opening a named bag

When I do:

INI:
/itemnotify "Reinforced Medicine Bag" rightmouseup

It opens up the bag correctly

When I set Reinforced Medicine Bag to a var and then call it like this:

INI:
/declare AlchemyBag string outer

/if (${FindItem[=Reinforced Medicine Bag].InvSlot} && ${AlchemyBag.Length}==0 && ${FindItem[=Reinforced Medicine Bag].InvSlot}>=23 && ${FindItem[=Reinforced Medicine Bag].InvSlot}<=33) {
        /varset AlchemyBag Reinforced Medicine Bag
        /cecho \awFound Alchemy Container \at${AlchemyBag}
    }

/itemnotify ${AlchemyBag} rightmouseup

It does not work and I get: Invalid item slot 'reinforced'

What am I doing wrong? I am assuming because it's not wrapping Reinforced Medicine Bag in quotes it's not looking it up correctly? How would I get it to wrap ${AlchemyBag} in quotations (if that is what is going wrong)?

What Im trying to do is check/detect which alchemy bag is available to use, set that as ${AlchemyBag} and then open that bag when needed.

INI:
/if (${FindItem[=Reinforced Medicine Bag].InvSlot} && ${AlchemyBag.Length}==0

It is super early in the morning, no coffee, but part of the problem is the above. How can it check AlchemyBag.Length if AlchemyBag is not defined previously? Additionally, why the "=" up front?

Why not declare the bag initially?

INI:
/declare AlchemyBag string outer "Reinforced Medicine Bag"

Last edited:
What you are needing is the ItemSlot you might want to add a check for ItemSlot2 to make sure the AlchemyBag is not in a bad and at a top level inventory slot.

INI:
/declare AlchemyBag string outer
/declare BagSlot int outer 0
/varset AlchemyBag Reinforced Medicine Bag

/if (${FindItem[=${AlchemyBag}].ItemSlot} && ${BagSlot}==0) {
    /varset BagSlot ${FindItem[=${AlchemyBag}].ItemSlot}
    /if (${BagSlot}>=23 && ${BagSlot}<=33) {
        /varcalc BagSlot ${BagSlot}-22
    } else {
        /varset BagSlot 0
    }
}
/if (${BagSlot}) {
    /echo ${AlchemyBag} Found at bag slot: ${BagSlot}
    /itemnotify pack${BagSlot} rightmouseup
} else {
    /echo ${AlchemyBag} Not Found.
}

Why not declare the bag initially?

Because it has to see what bag is available to use. The user may be using a different alchemy bag, so first I have to check to see what bag they have and then set that as ${AlchemyBag}

After it now has the alchemy bag the user has set, it needs to open that bag.

What you are needing is the ItemSlot you might want to add a check for ItemSlot2 to make sure the AlchemyBag is not in a bad and at a top level inventory slot.
In the larger Marco it just checks to see if a valid alch bag is in a top level inventory slot and if not /cechos that they need to move an alch bag to a top slot and restart the macro. I try to have as much explanations in the macros as I can with /cechos for those who read them and understand them or what's going wrong :)

I also try and color code everything so things stand out to make it less of a jumble to read

Question - Opening a named bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back