• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Omg awesome windows hack (1 Viewer)

Tocanman

The Beast that Never sleeps!
RedCents
33¢
So I just discovered that, on windows word if you hold the windows key and tap h, it brings up a microphone and starts doing a speech to text! So if it works on all micro$0ft prods. Wow imagine what could be done if all you had to do is someone that knows how to write conditions, just posted a audio file to download, then person that doesn’t know how (conditions work) downloads audio file plays it for the program and boom condition is wrote lol srry about puncuation and what not I’m just rambling so I’ll stop
*Note* I don't even know if that would even be possible I'm just dreaming

It's been out since before most people on this website ere probably born. (1994) But ty for posting the actual name I couldn't remember what it was called exactly. I mostly posted this because I never knew what all programs Micro$oft actually threw that in. seeing as I never really followed this as closely as I should have.

Isn't that just sending someone a notepad file, but with extra steps? :shrug:
sure for notepad but there are a lot of programs that have been into voice dictation and this was more of a #ME-PERSONALY does not know what programs everyone uses for mq2 to make the files and thought this bit of info might be useful for those that did not. If this Information is old news and not helpful. Please someone let me know and ill remove it ASAP
- you'll find out all I want to do is just help people. lol! My wife hasn't had to open a door since I met her but only twice and those are her words lol.

so anyone needs any help in game, outa game, RL , w/e don't hesitate to send a message

Being helpful is great. What ABWar was pointing out is that if the person who knows how to write conditions simply writes the condition, and posts it as text file (or just text), it bypasses the whole speech-to-text thing in the first place (and speech-to-text is terrible for code in any case). So all you did is invent a much more complicated wheel...

Now if someone has a way to use speech recognition so I can shout commands at EQ like 'burn baby burn!' and 'heal me! heal me! heal me!' I would offer a few Redcents.

News - Omg awesome windows hack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back