• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Old member...back...maybe... (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
I took a good long break from Everquest (and obviously this site)....I am thinking of coming back to online roleplaying again ...not to Everquest...either everquest2 or Wow ....

when I left here before I seem to remember that if you were considered a ...god I don't remember the term...basically if you were an end user you did not get all the codes because you were considered to ....reckless...to own such power (specially that plugin that could bring down the nexus I think it was) ...of course all the "pros" kept bringing it down daily.....excuse me...got off the path their for a sec....

the big question....before I sign back up here....

HAVE THINGS IMPROVED?
-is there still things people don't get on these boards (even if there paying members) because they are not at a certain tech level?

-In all fairness when it came to learning something, I was never turned down for help in that area.....(just wanted to make sure that is still strong here)

Greetings, Gardenia.

Redguides is still going strong. We are the same community and better now. We Redguides Staff, Developers and such do have a responsibility of not releasing things into public view.

Some things, cannot and will not be posted into public forums because people abuse those things to the point it makes Sony, Blizzard, and whoever else come down on us even harder with hack prevention. We don't allow certain things to be posted simply out of the best interest of the community.

Are we still the same Redguides? Yes, we help as much as we can. Redguides is under going some changes currently and its going to be better than ever. I hope I have helped you and hope to see you soon.

Wow...Red Guides has changed if its not releasing anything that will make sony mad at it.....I am strictly looking for a membership to something like what redguides used to do...wheter it was running super fast....or warping to anywhere....or hell, just running a macro.

Sorry to hear that sony does not let you guys do that anymore....good luck in the "future".

I think you misunderstood me, we still release all of the stuff we used to. I was more or so directing my comments at the whole crashing zone thing. When you are crashing zones it directly affects other players and draws large amounts of attention.

We do not post things like that to keep idiots and others from destroying EQ and making sony really pissed off to the point they try to nerf every little thing. We still have great content and even better than before inside. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer in my original response. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I totally agree with not crashing zones....i mean how in the hell does that help? (yes...I know there are one or two reasons to do that in order to get a quest done)...

I thought you meant this site just turned into a "ok..pick this class...and this is the best hunting ground" ....

I was starting to look at vanguard...unfortunatly I don't see a thing where one can "try it out" .....how is the macros and other things coming for that here at redguides? ...or is it still a newer game so there are not many posting quality stuff on it?

I will be honest with you, Vangaurd is pretty much a dead game. So is EQ2, there is some nice stuff posted in the VG section but nothing like EQ1 hacks/macros.

The new rave currently is Lord of the Rings Online, we will soon have a forum for that. I would suggest trying out WoW, or LOTRO and see how you like them. We have a ton of content for WoW and as soon as the LOTRO forum is up we will be working on content for it.

Hope that helps :D .

I was about to say wow...but I did not want people to think of world of warcraft......

LOTR...that game looks AWESOME .....my friend and I both have 2 computers and live across the country from each other...I noticed that lotr system requirements were not too bad at all....dungeons and dragons was always my first love.....I was really tempted to start playing WoW....but lotr has not been around long at all....I think I will be buying this in a day or two after I find out more.....

Thank you so MUCH for that suggestion....I don't think I would of found it unless I looked for it.....

now I just need redguides to let me know when they come out with an lotr section ;)

No problem, glad to be of assistance. Lotro section will be up very soon, and Redguides has a server we play on specifically :) PM for that information if you wish.

Old member...back...maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back