• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Ok all you plugin making wizards, heres some of my suggestions... (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
Ive been around here for quite some time now, and have always thought, wow that would be a neat plugin. So I am just going to make some suggestions here. If they can or cant be done or are just plain dumb sorry, but like I said, just ideas.

MQ2NoLeveReq:

Allows your toon to equip say level 70 required gear at level say 1.

MQ2AllHuman (or any race):

Turns all npcs into humans so they are smaller and dont take up much room on screen, ala dragons and such.

MQ2AlterRace:

Allows charecters of a different race to equip don smithed armor of a different race.

MQ2NPCSize:

Brings all npc sizes down to pc level, again ala easier to see.

MQ2Los

Removes line of sight check for offensive spells.

Anyways thats what my ideas were, comments?

N

"MQ2NoLeveReq:
Allows your toon to equip say level 70 required gear at level say 1."

Also used to be knows as MQ2CUberequip. basically equip any item anywhere. Unfortunately equiping items is now serverside because of that.

MQ2NoLeveReq - serverside
MQ2AllHuman - should be easy
MQ2AlterRace - serverside
MQ2NPCSize - mq2size should be able to do it for you
MQ2Los - serverside

Further comments:

MQ2AllHuman - Already been done, by Abyss.
MQ2NPCSize - mq2size can make anything you can target any size you want from 1-98.
MQ2Los - Conceivably doable using movepkt, but the effort it would take is not worth the potential return. Essentially you'd just end up warping close to a mob, casting a spell, warping back, then warping there again to finish the spell, then warp back.

There was a work around on the LOS issue. there was a Plugn a while back that would remove everything in the Terran so it was basily a big flat zone. And from the testing at the time it did work however was VEry unstable. A few test toons I used for testing it where actually lost. They got locked up in the server and when trying to get them unlocked they appeared in CShome and a message about hacking the Z-axis and a nice goodbye. Might be worth looking into again however a majjority of the checking is server side so might not be worth it when there are so many other things you can do.

You don't need to remove anything for client to think you have LoS, it's one easy detour. Your client will cast a spell no problem except on the server nothing happens.

There used to be a bug in the nvidia driver that would let you turn off all kinds of things that you run into. It was great for moving but it was fixed about the time dx9 came out. I don't remember the details of it, but I remember it made zones like WL a breeze to move around in, especially with autofollow.

It would be nice if there were a plugin to let you turn /treesoff or /wallsoff but the potential of forgetting you have it on and being seen are huge. Turning off trees / shrubery wouldn't be too bad in most zones and it makes a wonderful improvment on FPS, but it'd make people with autopull macros more likely to afk exp in affected zones.

More than anything, I remember taking advantage of it and running all around WL picking up Yew leaf groundspawns - and I did it without MQ2 /gasp

Norrathian said:
There used to be a bug in the nvidia driver that would let you turn off all kinds of things that you run into. It was great for moving but it was fixed about the time dx9 came out. I don't remember the details of it, but I remember it made zones like WL a breeze to move around in, especially with autofollow.

It would be nice if there were a plugin to let you turn /treesoff or /wallsoff but the potential of forgetting you have it on and being seen are huge. Turning off trees / shrubery wouldn't be too bad in most zones and it makes a wonderful improvment on FPS, but it'd make people with autopull macros more likely to afk exp in affected zones.

More than anything, I remember taking advantage of it and running all around WL picking up Yew leaf groundspawns - and I did it without MQ2 /gasp

I think I saw a plugin that let you pass through trees, was on a bard macro thread I think.

Ok all you plugin making wizards, heres some of my suggestions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back