• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Official review of WoW patch 1.10 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
160¢
Well peeps, thought I would bring you the patch 1.10 updates as I have experienced them so far.

My excursion into World of Warcraft began last night at 6:15 p.m. I started the patcher client, sat back, and waited to be immersed in an all new WoW experience.

Unfortunately, my cable internet connection was not up to the task of downloading the 24mb patch. After an hour of waiting my computer happily reported to me that I was 51% done. Score!

At about 8:30 my computer finished this beast of a download, and I was ready to play. Unfortunately, the game wasn't. The game took ten minutes to tell me that it was unable to log me onto my server.

But fear not gentle reader! I am nothing if not persistent, so I attempted to log onto one of the ten realms that was online at that point.

I gave up an hour and a half later.

I went to bed angry that night, but was calmed by a pleasant dream involving me teaming up with Luigi to rescue Princess Peach. Score!

8 hours later!

I woke up a little early to jump on the computer to see if I could log on. Authenticating, Handshaking, Connected, Success! I was in!

In order to fully enjoy the new Warcraft experience I logged my wife's character in as well and plopped her down in Elwynn Forest (one of the zones that is supposed to have weather effects). I took my Hunter main on a journey through the Eastern Plaguelands to find the new high level boars with the charge 6 ability.

Apparently Elwynn forest called for sunny skies and no chance of rain...because it didn't...for the 2 hours I was there.

Nor did it snow in Winterspring.

Nor did it boar in the Eastern Plaguelands. I searched every nook and cranny of that zone with my track beasts skills up and didn't find a single boar (but I did get killed 2 times! Score! ).

Well, all in all, it was an infuriating waste of the precious little time that I spend not working or sleeping. Let's tally up the scores:

Me: 3
Blizzard: 0

Official review of WoW patch 1.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back