• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Oct 21 (and now Oct 22) - New eqgame.exe + hotfix notes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was watching the youtube video you have on migrating to next, where do i download that migrator tool from?

Easy way to go from Legacy -> Next?
1. download next via the RG launcher
2. hit the migrator tool (will move any configs/macros etc from old install > vid <
3. setup framelimiter > vid <
4. load mq2lua /plugin Lua
5. if you want the functionality of the MQ2 "MQ2TargetInfo"
- They are now in 3 separate plugins:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate

This is why you bypass that stupid eq launcher

Unfortunately they're doing some kind of rolling thing with the servers, and without updating when you go to log in again (after your server has gone down and come back up) it'll just error out and you can't get in without patching again.

yes, they patched again today.
It is not that my plug in wont work, It is an issue My paid for warrior plug in is gone and it has not even been a year, I paid for the warrior plug in june 2021 and it wants me to rebuy it after only having it 4 months, And it needs returned

2. hit the migrator tool (will move any configs/macros etc from old install > vid <
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

mental notes:
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
ok that is done, how do i run eqbc, its doing this #could not connect. there is no button to load eqbc on the launcher.

ok that is done, how do i run eqbc, its doing this #could not connect. there is no button to load eqbc on the launcher.
yup, the launcher doesn't have that currently
you can right click on the mq icon, and then "start EQBC server"

1634949747578.png

/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

mental notes:
Just as a followup:

MQ "Next" is back up and has been for a while.

And mq2 "legacy" will be rebuilt when possible.

I posted the "watch" links in the first thread if u want to get notified, etc.

If you are interested in migrating from legacy over to next:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

mental notes:

I ended up running this and switching, and for some reason Next is trying to pull up spells that the toon doesn't use anymore and isn't functioning correctly, like it's trying to reference an ini that isn't there anymore. Once Legacy patched I switched back over and it's running fine. I'm not sure if it's Next or something with the migration tool.

Just as a followup:

MQ "Next" is back up and has been for a while.

And mq2 "legacy" will be rebuilt when possible.

I posted the "watch" links in the first thread if u want to get notified, etc.

If you are interested in migrating from legacy over to next:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

mental notes:
I've been going positively nuts trying to figure out how to get MQNext running properly. I didn't see this info on the RGMercs Install/Commands, but I'm blind sometimes! 😋

Thanks, Sic!

I ended up running this and switching, and for some reason Next is trying to pull up spells that the toon doesn't use anymore and isn't functioning correctly, like it's trying to reference an ini that isn't there anymore. Once Legacy patched I switched back over and it's running fine. I'm not sure if it's Next or something with the migration tool.
Next itself is just the framework that the macros and plugins run on top of. It wouldn't be doing things like mem'ing spells on its own (some exceptions, if you have config files or something i guess). It sounds more like you saw some odd behavior with whatever automation you were running, like KA or MA or RGMercs or something else. All those macros are running fine on next, so probably would need more information on what macros or plugins you use to drive your toons. Not sure this threads still the right place to go into those details.

Next itself is just the framework that the macros and plugins run on top of. It wouldn't be doing things like mem'ing spells on its own (some exceptions, if you have config files or something i guess). It sounds more like you saw some odd behavior with whatever automation you were running, like KA or MA or RGMercs or something else. All those macros are running fine on next, so probably would need more information on what macros or plugins you use to drive your toons. Not sure this threads still the right place to go into those details.
yeah to piggyback on this. it sounds like maybe you had migrated previously and then went to run next again and it had your old configurations from the last time you migrated, instead of any changes you made between the last time and this time

Yep I'm not sure where to take it though because it's fine on legacy.

Hi guys, unsure if I'm missing an announcement or anything. opened MQ today, did the update it requested and its now popping up with an error message saying date and time are different between EQ and MQ.

1635000633978.png

Presume another patch or something happened overnight (UK night) and just waiting for the poor devs to catch up with this period.

Hi guys, unsure if I'm missing an announcement or anything. opened MQ today, did the update it requested and its now popping up with an error message saying date and time are different between EQ and MQ.

View attachment 34368

Presume another patch or something happened overnight (UK night) and just waiting for the poor devs to catch up with this period.
you need to patch EQ also

View attachment 34368

yup as Robban pointed out you need to patch eq

that image tells you that mq2 is dated for oct 22, but your eq is oct 21 --- since your eq is behind your mq2, that means you need to update your eq.

Yep I'm not sure where to take it though because it's fine on legacy.
TLDR: Make sure you’re looking at the ini in the config folder, not the macro folder. And if you have paths hardcoded for macro folders, change the hardcoding.

If you tried to manually migrate and ALSO ran the migration utility then the reason you’re having this confusion is because you have ini files in your macro directory and ini files in the config directory.

The migration utility will copy all of your inis to the config directory, so you won’t have inis in the macro directory which is an attempt to eliminate this confusion.

However, Next only prefers the config directory it doesn’t require it. It checks the config directory first then checks the macro directory and then falls back to the config directory if nothing exists. This lets you keep your old config structure if you really wanted to keep it beside the macro (with the caveat that you have to NOT have one in the config directory).

Lastly, macros sometimes hard code paths (for example, assuming your ini is in the MacroQuest path slash macros) which was always wrong, even in MQ2 since that folder could be moved. If the macro is doing that, it needs to be fixed in the macro. Post a help question in the subforum for whatever automation tool you’re using and we’ll figure it out.

TLDR: Make sure you’re looking at the ini in the config folder, not the macro folder. And if you have paths hardcoded for macro folders, change the hardcoding.

If you tried to manually migrate and ALSO ran the migration utility then the reason you’re having this confusion is because you have ini files in your macro directory and ini files in the config directory.

The migration utility will copy all of your inis to the config directory, so you won’t have inis in the macro directory which is an attempt to eliminate this confusion.

However, Next only prefers the config directory it doesn’t require it. It checks the config directory first then checks the macro directory and then falls back to the config directory if nothing exists. This lets you keep your old config structure if you really wanted to keep it beside the macro (with the caveat that you have to NOT have one in the config directory).

Lastly, macros sometimes hard code paths (for example, assuming your ini is in the MacroQuest path slash macros) which was always wrong, even in MQ2 since that folder could be moved. If the macro is doing that, it needs to be fixed in the macro. Post a help question in the subforum for whatever automation tool you’re using and we’ll figure it out.

So would that be the migration tool or just KA? Sorry this is really over my head, I probably shouldn't have migrated but it was such a gap between the two availabilities. I didn't manually migrate anything, but it did copy the inis to the config directory and leave them in the macro directory. Copy/paste vs cut/paste I guess. If it's as simple as deleting what's in the macro folder and using just the config I can at least do that manually.

Are you sure you’re looking at the right directory? Next should have been installed in a different place than MQ2. No reason to wait on migrating to it, but mentioning the ini is in the macro directory sounds like you installed over the top instead of using the migrator. I don’t think the migrator copies inis to the macro directory.

Patch - Oct 21 (and now Oct 22) - New eqgame.exe + hotfix notes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back