• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Oct 21 (and now Oct 22) - New eqgame.exe + hotfix notes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,893¢
Pronouns
He/Him
EQ did an emergency patch and pushed a new .exe

this means if you patched eq, you will need to wait on a new mq2 / mq "next" build.

the mq2 and next devs know.
redbot knows
I know.

don't panic.

as soon as a re-build is available they will be updated in their respective places.

You can watch the LIVE Resource > here < to get notified when VV MQ2 is rebuilt

You can watch the LIVE MacroQuest "Next" > here < to get notified when Live MQ "next" is rebuilt.

Last edited:

October 21, 2021

*** Spells ***

- Corrected an issue where translocate spells resulted in a message about the destination zone not being ready.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Fixed an issue with the Vex Thal Key Shard drops.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where NPCs could strike through a riposte even under the effects of a 100% avoidance discipline, such as Deflection or Deftdance.

- The EverQuest Team

Just as a followup:

MQ "Next" is back up and has been for a while.

And mq2 "legacy" will be rebuilt when possible.

I posted the "watch" links in the first thread if u want to get notified, etc.

If you are interested in migrating from legacy over to next:
Easy way to go from Legacy -> Next?
1. download next via the RG launcher
2. hit the migrator tool (will move any configs/macros etc from old install > vid <
3. setup framelimiter > vid <
4. load mq2lua /plugin Lua
5. if you want the functionality of the MQ2 "MQ2TargetInfo"
- They are now in 3 separate plugins:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate

Last edited:
soon macroquest "Next" will be *the* version that we have here at redguides.
as i mentioned MQ "next" will soon be the version we have at redguides, as in *the* version.

in the near future the sole, single, solitary, only version of macroquest for Live serversthat redguides will have will be MacroQuest "Next", that will be slightly slower for test server and for emu but eventually, Next will be the platform

I see, but for now.. ' later on will say, I can use the good n old KA and MQ2 when the patch is done?

''Patch day'' it says.

Is MQnext updated fully? I am unable to launch due to "macroquest version missmatch"

eq version oct 22 2021 11:46:02
macroquest version oct 21 2021 12:04:16

I have reinstalled mqn just incase.

Is MQnext updated fully? I am unable to launch due to "macroquest version missmatch"

eq version oct 22 2021 11:46:02
macroquest version oct 21 2021 12:04:16

I have reinstalled mqn just incase.
They just released another hotfix in the last 30 min or so, so everythings down again if you have patched since then.

They just took down eq for another patch. So same song and dance as last night

I use ISBoxer, which bypasses the patcher.... but let me check.... there's a way you can edit the shortcut that runs your eqgame.exe.

I updated at lunch and everything was great. Got home ready to play and now it says it's a patch day again. Will it be up sometime today do you think?
well, they just took eq down like an hour or so ago.

mq next is already back up and running, and mq2 is being rebuilt as we speak.

You can get notified when things are back up if that is helpful for you:

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated? You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)

VeryVanilla MQ2 LIVE:

MacroQuest "Next":

well, they just took eq down like an hour or so ago.

mq next is already back up and running, and mq2 is being rebuilt as we speak.

You can get notified when things are back up if that is helpful for you:

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated? You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)

VeryVanilla MQ2 LIVE:

MacroQuest "Next":
is there a right-up on mq next? dont see it in the forums... just mentions of it here and there

Patch - Oct 21 (and now Oct 22) - New eqgame.exe + hotfix notes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back