• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - NPC on Extended target (1 Viewer)

Trax540

RedCents
531¢
Has anyone, or Does anyone know why if i am nearby to another group, their target shows up on my extended target list.
Its causing my puller to stop until it is dead.
Example, I was running both my groups nearby to each other Id say probably 400 apart and their target somehow is showing up on my Extended target.
Not running in raid format so im not sure why its happening.

Also was doing it when a group showed up and was pulling mobs from outside an EOK fort nearby

Just curious if there is a fix for it, or a work around... Other than not killing nearby people LOL

If it's an older zone, there is a chance the NPC actually still scans for aggro while it's engaged. Most NPCs (they stopped rather early on doing this) don't behave like this though :P

I do use bard in group, He runs no AoE songs at all. Its happening in EOK zones and Yes warlock45 somehow im getting added to other peoples NPC agro list But im not even remotely close enough for that to have been possible. For example if i was standing at the entrance of a FM Sarnak fort, I would get their NPC on my list if they are in the far back corner of same fort.
It seems this just started within the last few weeks. Ive never had the issue before, Also spoke to a buddy in game and hes experienced the same issue.

This is happening to me as well... I was bringing my group along Chardok, and had to pass another guy's group (who I know is also using MQ).. as i got, within ~100 ft ingame distance of his group (where i could see his melee combat chatter), his mob appeared on my group's xtar... this is with my guys all paused, and dual invis'ed... no bard songs going..

I also had it happen again, with JUST a rog running around looking for shinies, with my SOS active.. this was in lab.. I got somewhat near a kar-zok beating on a prisoner npc in the eastern part of the zone, and when I neared them, the guard appeared on my xtar... Also very strange...

I've also got another guildy who has noticed this happening, and best we can tell, has only started since the September patch..

in fm there is untargetable mobs called Controllers for the Ancient mobs "could be they are a pulsing trap that warns nearby mobs of people invading? Kinda similiar to sight aggro in the olden days were if a mob was pulled nearby a group it would get sight aggro even though was not tagged by that group.

nah i didnt see any spawns on my mq map that would indicate anything like that.. only thing I can think of is if the mob has some sort of AE abilities... ie kar-zok in lab and their Kar-Zok aura.. cuz my rog definitely doesnt have prog done, so doesnt have the essence of the dragon I....

Question - NPC on Extended target

Users who are viewing this thread

Back