• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - November Patch Notes 2022(8th for test, 16th for live) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,616¢
So this will be on live next week and I like the one for the baz coin being right justified

November 8, 2022

*** Items ***

- Fixed a client crash when inserting an augment you can't use into an item you are currently wearing on Free Trade servers.
- Shadowsilk Sash has had its spell description fixed.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Recipes should once again award the most significant product(s) before returned components such as tools.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Kill Kangur (Raid) - Altered this event so that the main loot is in a chest that is opened as the last step of the event.
- Primal Vampire (Raid) - Updated the fail chat text to reflect the correct name of the Achievements 'No Ascent' and 'Feastless'.
- Quoth the Raven... - Ravenous gorals will no longer give credit for this quest.

*** Spells ***

- Warrior - Altered Determined Reprisal and Wade into Battle to fix a stacking conflict with Spire of the Warlord.
- Rogue - Added Thief's Eyes and Thief's Vision to a stacking group to ensure that lower ranks will not overwrite higher ranks.
- Enchanter - Arcane Disjunction has been adjusted to no longer conflict with the Wizard Class AA, Trifurcating Magic.
- Corrected an issue with the text of the description for Yeti Chill.

*** AA ***

- Magician - Theft of Essence - The proc rate for this ability has been updated to 100%.
- Magician - Elemental Conversion - This has been updated to ignore damage mitigation factors on the pet.
- Magician - Elemental Conversion - Several ranks have been adjusted to consume slightly more pet health while returning slightly more mana.
- Enchanter - Beguiler's Synergy - This will now buff chromatic spells in addition to fire, ice, and magic spells.

*** NPCs ***

- Drifter Minki will now leave the Nexus when he is not needed. Fear not as he will return during the Anniversary.

*** Overseer ***

- Fixed a typo in the Overseer Quest 'Guard the Goods'.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where a beta copy would not work if the character's name was taken.
- Fixed a zone crash that would rarely happen when moving items in containers.
- Temple of Veeshan will now spawn a pickzone if it reaches 25 players.

*** UI ***

- The Bazaar Search window's platinum column is now right-justified.

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected an issue that was preventing raid currency from being properly awarded after victories in Terror of Luclin raids.
- Treants and Giants in Blightfire Moors should now drop Diseased Ichor during Nights of the Dead.
- Corrected an issue that caused several combat skills to be hidden in the combat skills window.
- Corrected an issue where some tasks did not have a reduced level requirement on level locked servers.

*** AA ***

- Magician - Theft of Essence - The proc rate for this ability has been updated to 100%.
- Magician - Elemental Conversion - This has been updated to ignore damage mitigation factors on the pet.
- Magician - Elemental Conversion - Several ranks have been adjusted to consume slightly more pet health while returning slightly more mana.
- Enchanter - Beguiler's Synergy - This will now buff chromatic spells in addition to fire, ice, and magic spells.

*** UI ***

The AA updates excite me for a new group setup!

and LOL @ "right-justified"...

Hope they notice and fix the bard gem stuck that is back, in my guess, because of the AA spell cast fix

Hope they notice and fix the bard gem stuck that is bad, in my guess, because of the AA spell cast fix
The annoying Bard stuck gem issue has been around for years and never fixed. Most evident when using clickies (bard epic) and your /melody has not resolved yet. Unless this is a new / different issue and I have not encountered it?

The annoying Bard stuck gem issue has been around for years and never fixed. Most evident when using clickies (bard epic) and your /melody has not resolved yet. Unless this is a new / different issue and I have not encountered it?
I was literally typing this... I believe it has something to do with the spam of it... epic + singing on same keybind and/or macro... but then again, I have no idea LOL... especially in WHY it hasn't been resolved yet!

Well they fixed it for a several months the last time they said they fixed it (not the several times before). But tis back, and so far, no aas can Unstick it. When they "fixed" it, it introduced the broken aa/spell bug, now that bug is fixed, the bars stuck appears to be back

Well they fixed it for a several months the last time they said they fixed it (not the several times before). But tis back, and so far, no aas can Unstick it. When they "fixed" it, it introduced the broken aa/spell bug, now that bug is fixed, the bars stuck appears to be back
So the "work around" for me has always been... I set an alert for "casting the epic"... then I just wait it out a few seconds (I feel like it's either playing through a song or two or the /melody... the "stuck")... and it seems to unstuck on its own... however, if you continue to spam after the alert of "casting the epic"... then it gets perma stuck and the ONLY way I have found to clear it is zoning LOL

So the "work around" for me has always been... I set an alert for "casting the epic"... then I just wait it out a few seconds (I feel like it's either playing through a song or two or the /melody... the "stuck")... and it seems to unstuck on its own... however, if you continue to spam after the alert of "casting the epic"... then it gets perma stuck and the ONLY way I have found to clear it is zoning LOL
It was semi replicatable before during QuickTime with it's and fast cast spells/items

Ahh. Okay. I guess I never noticed the short period it was fixed, but that's probably due to me going to great lengths to make sure my /melody is stopped before firing off epic. It's the most frustrating thing to have to get a TL or /ex mid-raid in order to clear the stuck gems. :(

November 16, 2022

*** Items ***

- Fixed a client crash when inserting an augment you can't use into an item you are currently wearing on Free Trade servers.
- Shadowsilk Sash has had its spell description fixed.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Recipes should once again award the most significant product(s) before returned components such as tools.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Kill Kangur (Raid) - Altered this event so that the main loot is in a chest that is opened as the last step of the event.
- Primal Vampire (Raid) - Updated the fail chat text to reflect the correct name of the Achievements 'No Ascent' and 'Feastless'.
- Quoth the Raven... - Ravenous gorals will no longer give credit for this quest.
- The Hero's Journey - Neriak Quests - Death of Lyda Nasin (Achievement) - This achievement has been restored as the target of this quest, Lyda Nasin, can now be found in East Freeport.

*** Spells ***

- Warrior - Altered Determined Reprisal and Wade into Battle to fix a stacking conflict with Spire of the Warlord.
- Rogue - Added Thief's Eyes and Thief's Vision to a stacking group to ensure that lower ranks will not overwrite higher ranks.
- Enchanter - Arcane Disjunction has been adjusted to no longer conflict with the Wizard Class AA, Trifurcating Magic.
- Corrected an issue with the text of the description for Yeti Chill.

*** AA ***

*** NPCs ***

- Drifter Minki will now leave the Nexus when he is not needed. Fear not as he will return during the Anniversary.

*** Overseer ***

- Fixed a typo in the Overseer Quest 'Guard the Goods'.
- Several new event-specific Agents have been added to Overseer, available only during the Frostfell event in December.
- A new line of event-specific Overseer Quests, available at all Overseer levels, are also available for a limited time during Frostfell.
- New achievements, found in the Overseer >> Holiday category, have also been added for completing each of the new Frostfell event Overseer Quests.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where a beta copy would not work if the character's name was taken.
- Fixed a zone crash that would rarely happen when moving items in containers.
- Temple of Veeshan will now spawn a pickzone if it reaches 25 players.

*** UI ***

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected an issue that was preventing raid currency from being properly awarded after victories in Terror of Luclin raids.
- Treants and Giants in Blightfire Moors should now drop Diseased Ichor during Nights of the Dead.
- Corrected an issue that caused several combat skills to be hidden in the combat skills window.
- Corrected an issue where some tasks did not have a reduced level requirement on level locked servers.

- The EverQuest Team

Hope they notice and fix the bard gem stuck that is back, in my guess, because of the AA spell cast fix
It was semi replicatable before during QuickTime with it's and fast cast spells/items
So since this latest patch, I have had NO issues with the stuck casting epic + songs hasn't bugged out or gotten stuck for me not once yet.... not even the long delay while the /melody or song finishes...

Anyone else noticing the fix? :P

200.gif

Last edited:
Patch - November Patch Notes 2022(8th for test, 16th for live)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back