• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Serious - NotAddicted Aide - Jmo (1 Viewer)

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
794¢
Some of you may or may not know but Jmo, one of our own NotAddicted members, is going through some difficult times. One of the things that makes this site different from all the rest is that we like to maintain a family environment.

Jmo currently maintains the WoW forums and provides the NotAddicted compile of Macroquest to our Everquest members.

I am making this post as a friend of Jmo's. He can use our help and every little bit helps. If you would like to help him out this post will be up for a couple of weeks. You can use the link below to donate to the cause. Donations go straight to Jmo.

http://www.doveq.net/jmo/helpjmo.html

-Alatyami

Last edited:
I would if i had extra cash man, hard enough to get by myself. need any kind of help on here let me know, i'll do what i can :)

I would if i had extra cash man, hard enough to get by myself. need any kind of help on here let me know, i'll do what i can :)
This, currently I'm in the red, but hopefully I'll be back in the black within the next month or so :)

I hear you both, wife , kids , bad economy (I work for a MFG company) But soon as the feds give me my taxes back I can probably help a bit. Our prayers are with you Jmo.

This, currently I'm in the red, but hopefully I'll be back in the black within the next month or so :)

yeah me too, just trying not to lose my house. My work approved OT so i have been working 14 hours a day 7 days a week to make some extra cash.
wife+2 kids + Mortgage = $$$$$$$$$

I just wanted to toss a thank you out there to those that donated. I received a total of $110, which I'm putting into my current computer fund that I had started myself as well. Hopefully I can pick up a MoBo and Processor within the next month or so, after a couple more paychecks. I have a lot of parts (CD Drives, Network Card, etc.) I can use from my old comp. So, now I just need to save up some money for a couple of Video Cards (I really want to have Dual Cards in this system, as I want it to last a good while again) and some RAM. I plan on installing XP since Vista is the suck, and would set me back another $250 or so.

In the meantime, I've learned the joys of WoW Raiding on an old laptop...yeah...=p

Anyways, thank you again to everyone who helped out, I really do deeply appreciate it. It means a lot to me to see that the community here cares, not just about me, but each other as well.

I just wanted to toss a thank you out there to those that donated. I received a total of $110, which I'm putting into my current computer fund that I had started myself as well. Hopefully I can pick up a MoBo and Processor within the next month or so, after a couple more paychecks. I have a lot of parts (CD Drives, Network Card, etc.) I can use from my old comp. So, now I just need to save up some money for a couple of Video Cards (I really want to have Dual Cards in this system, as I want it to last a good while again) and some RAM. I plan on installing XP since Vista is the suck, and would set me back another $250 or so.

In the meantime, I've learned the joys of WoW Raiding on an old laptop...yeah...=p

Anyways, thank you again to everyone who helped out, I really do deeply appreciate it. It means a lot to me to see that the community here cares, not just about me, but each other as well.

Oh my god... Whaste more than 100$ on OS you crazy ? Just put on Linux or use a torrent tracker like zamunda.net and get a free OS I can guarantee that it is virus free in zamunda.net dunno about other trackers

If you must leech Windows Vista and you get the 32-bits version, turn off auto update the first chance you get and go to windows update manually. Look for "KB940510" and set it to hide. If you download that update and install it, you will get an annoying warning that your copy of Windows is not "safe" and it can get very annoying. Also some Vista features like Aero is turned off or blocked with that updated on pirated copies. 64-bits version do not have any anti-piracy feature at this time.

Windows 7 is looking very good and aside from the usual beta bugs, it seems to perform better than Vista and almost as fast as 32-bits XP did on my computer. I'd save that $100 and consider Windows 7 when it goes live, don't pay for Vista.

Just remember, if you use alternate OS including any flavor of Linux, you will need a form of Windows emulator to handle Windows game like WOW and not all version runs smoothly. I don't use Linux so I don't know which one is best and which emu to use.

Oh, I have no intention of buying an OS any time soon. I have a perfectly legit copy of XP here. I refuse to spend money on Vista. Maybe Windows 7 when it's out though.

Cedega is by far the best Emulator out there for Windows games in Linux.

Wanted too add also, I have never been a big fan of windows but I really do like Windows7.

Happily donated - thanks for all the work you do here! I hope your family situation gets better for you real soon, they are the only one you have.

Just dropped ya 100 to help get ya going is least I can do for all the work you do maintaining the EQ compiles since you aren't even playing it.

Serious - NotAddicted Aide - Jmo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back