• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - NOS Expansion Required? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
239¢
Hey so my box crew is approaching 115 and was doing some reading and it seems that 115 will be my max without purchasing the NOS expansions? Is that correct or does subbing your chars allow you to get past 115?

If I cant get to 120 without it is it worth buying this expansion and if so I guess would need it on all 6 accounts, or will it enter the FTP realm shortly and I should just wait it out? What do most of you do?

ToL was the jump to 120, and cant buy JUST ToL so yes NoS is required (sub status doesnt matter). CoV just opened f2p, so its about 2.5 years after launch that they open for free (so around June of 25).

Normally around first of sep, there is a sale on last years xpac, then second week iof oct, new xpac goes up for sale (you get it as soon as you buy, and unlocks all previous). So if your not max AA, can always slow roll it to Sep and buy on sale.

ToL was the jump to 120, and cant buy JUST ToL so yes NoS is required (sub status doesnt matter). CoV just opened f2p, so its about 2.5 years after launch that they open for free (so around June of 25).

Normally around first of sep, there is a sale on last years xpac, then second week iof oct, new xpac goes up for sale (you get it as soon as you buy, and unlocks all previous). So if your not max AA, can always slow roll it to Sep and buy on sale.
Okay that's worth considering thanks appreciate the info.

As Sic said, Level 120 is part of the ToL expansion, ToL comes when you buy the current expansion NoS, so you can level past 115. You cannot buy ToL by itself anymore from DarkPaw, but you get all past expansions with any latest expansion purchase. the expansion before ToL was CoV, that JUST was included for FTP use. In 2 year or so, ToL might (probably) be included for free for FTP players and at that time, all players will be able to level to 120 and enter ToL zones (but another year for NoS..its how they have released older zones for free usage for years). So you can wait..or wait until the end of the year and when they start the preparation for selling the next expansion, they always sell the current one for cheaper. Causing you a dilemna of buying the old one cheap for all your accounts or wait and buy the newest one. :)

For me, it would depend on how fast I would level.

Like If I am leveling fast and will likely hit 120 soon then I would buy the cheap version of NOS now for $34.99. That's gives me all the expansions.

If it will take me a bit to level, then I would wait for the sale in Sept/Oct when it would be 25% off (usually) - still a lot of stuff to do in TOV that free accounts just got. And your not at the 115 cap there yet.

Even if you buy NOS and decided you wanted the higher more expensive version later then it will deduct what you paid now off of what you buy later during the sale.

Or like mentioned you could wait it out, do lots and lots of progression etc and just buy the next new expansion in Nov.

But keep in mind any of the ports or mounts etc in NOS are only available on the current higher priced version of NOS. Those will not be available if you buy the next new expansion in Nov

I only have one toon that’s subbed and in current expansion the rest of my 5 toons are all ftp (shm,rog,ber, bard, bst). I’m kinda in the same boat.. one side says wait till Oct and buy new expansion for them. Then sub and try to max aas in one month..

but if I’m far enough behind on 5 of those toons that buying nos on sale for 19.99 for 5 of them could be enough to keep me busy possibly till next expansion anyway.

Decisions, decisions!!!

I only have one toon that’s subbed and in current expansion the rest of my 5 toons are all ftp (shm,rog,ber, bard, bst). I’m kinda in the same boat.. one side says wait till Oct and buy new expansion for them. Then sub and try to max aas in one month..

but if I’m far enough behind on 5 of those toons that buying nos on sale for 19.99 for 5 of them could be enough to keep me busy possibly till next expansion anyway.

Decisions, decisions!!!
Next xpac should also be a level increase.. so 6-9k AA's, plus 5 levels.. so might be worth it to wait..

Hey so my box crew is approaching 115 and was doing some reading and it seems that 115 will be my max without purchasing the NOS expansions? Is that correct or does subbing your chars allow you to get past 115?

If I cant get to 120 without it is it worth buying this expansion and if so I guess would need it on all 6 accounts, or will it enter the FTP realm shortly and I should just wait it out? What do most of you do?
Wait until ToL releases next June. Don't give them any more money, and play something else in the meantime.

Wait until ToL releases next June. Don't give them any more money, and play something else in the meantime.
Silly question, but I am currently 110 and FTP. Since COV is now part of FTP, if I continue leveling to 115, do I still get the 115 autogrant AAs or should I stop leveling XP now and switch to AAs?

I am always an expansion behind. I typically purchase expansions when the previous one goes on sale before the new one releases. This also lets me avoid the rush of players to all the new zones. Then I can explore the previous expansion content (which is now new to me) while others are crowded in the newer xpac zones. I am a fairly patient person, so this strategy works for me.

And yeah I know, what about the special items that come with the newest xpac that you can only get with the new xpac......meh. I don't really care about that stuff. Haven't met an expansion yet that I HAD to have the special sauce items that come with it only if you pre-order or order the special edition.

Another thing I discovered, though it doesn't apply to the op, is you need the new expansion in order to mem the new spells, even if you are level 120. You can buy the stones to get the rk. II spells but it won't let you use them without the expansion.

Question - NOS Expansion Required?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back