• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - Noob seeks help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
140¢
Very new here. Im having some problems hoping for some help. When I have a task I can't see objectives in task window but when I unload then I can. One of the accts in my profile fails to select character it just stays on character selct screen. Also the come to me button doesn't work however follow me does and just get my toons to me that way

I might be able to help on the come to me button. I believe that requires you to have mq2nav plugin loaded So you might check to see if that plugin is on your list of loaded ones. If it is loaded might need updated nav files. Not sure on the other two issues am sure somebody wil lchime in soon.

Not sure I can help but some things to try... First are you using EQBCS with all your characters? Second are you trying to autologin them? Just trying to get a little bit more info on what you have done and what might have been missed.... I should know I started just a bit ago and it took me awhile to figure out the very basic stuff. I tried a lot of things before I was pointed in the right direction. So if you need help just holler and I will try my best to help ya.

In the MQ2 launcher in the task tray that holds yours group profile, go to Profiles/Toons/AccountNotWorking right click and select edit and make sure Character name spelled right.
I'm very new too. I hope I didn't confuse you more.

Auto-login: Yeah for auto login, follow Kelton's advice. You're using the black MQ2 tray icon and logging in everybody that way? It sounds like one toon may have a typo in their name so MQ2 can't select them. If you're using a different method to log in, let us know.

Task window: Are you saying the MQ2 chat window is blocking the EQ task completion stuff in the upper left of window? You can drag, minimize or resize that chat window if needed.

Are you running your own emu server? If so I can post how to do the autologin. Autologin is amazing but a bit fussy and sometimes doesn't work when you use the wizard. You can use the wizard to setup the characters but then you likely need to tweak the mq2autologin.ini file. For my server it needed a profile setting up with the server name, then the second profile was the one to login. Here is mine with names removed:

[Profiles]
NumProfiles=2
Profile1=myemuworld
DefaultEQPath=d:\eq for emus
Profile2=mytank

[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=1
NotifyOnServerUP=0

[Servers]
myemuworld=myemuworld

[mytank]
EQPath=d:\eq for emus
Mycharacter:mytank_Blob=[filtered]

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto-login: Yeah for auto login, follow Kelton's advice. You're using the black MQ2 tray icon and logging in everybody that way? It sounds like one toon may have a typo in their name so MQ2 can't select them. If you're using a different method to log in, let us know.

Task window: Are you saying the MQ2 chat window is blocking the EQ task completion stuff in the upper left of window? You can drag, minimize or resize that chat window if needed.
You have to do /bccd connect on each toon to get them to follow you

Tip - Noob seeks help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back