• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Noob question (1 Viewer)

ARHEverquest

RedCents
294¢
Hi all,

Recently came back to EQ and have an interest in 5 or 6 boxing. I really like what MQ2 has to offer as far as it sounds, however I'm a little concerned if it is still against the EULA? I've tried to find recent information on this, but was unable to. I've found that using the AFK feature is against the eula and it referenced that using MQ2 while at the comp is perfectly fine. Could someone clear this up with me? Just something on my mind before subscribing :) thanks so much in advance!

IT is what I would refer to as a gray area. It comes down to how you use it if you play nice with others they usually don't bother you from my experience but on the other hand if you intend to go out and do A-hole stuff expect to run into other A-holes lol. Daybreak or who ever is in control of EQ will not come out and say what programs are acceptable and what are not because that paints them into a corner with a hard stance but now they can just pick and choose what when and where they enforce the vague EULA.

It is against the eula. They can ban or suspend anyone using mq at any time with or without any interaction. But you don't even have to be using mq to get the ban for cheating. Leaving your mage just standing on a spawn point and letting the pet kill the mob is grounds for afk play ban. That said, they are a business who wants to make money rather than just spending a lot of money to police something that will cause them to loose subscriptions. As ASmith50 said, if you are respectful of others and don't do things to draw attention to yourself, they will generally just let ya be. Don't afk play. Don't go using active hacks (not supported here on rg anyway).

Hi all,

I've found that using the AFK feature is against the eula and it referenced that using MQ2 while at the comp is perfectly fine.

I think you might have that backwards....or I do?

AFK is not against the EULA.

WHERE and WHAT server you go AFK can be against EULA.

But live servers seem to be much more forgiving on afk players

But it always amuses me when we have the option to click a box that to initiate auto afk after we are not active for a period of time which in turn will cause our mercs to go passive...but then why can we not go afk everywhere lol.

I think you might have that backwards....or I do?

AFK is not against the EULA.

WHERE and WHAT server you go AFK can be against EULA.

But live servers seem to be much more forgiving on afk players

But it always amuses me when we have the option to click a box that to initiate auto afk after we are not active for a period of time which in turn will cause our mercs to go passive...but then why can we not go afk everywhere lol.

I'm going with the route of I'm new to all of this and I had it backwards haha.

Unattended gameplay it can get you suspended.
Yes it can. But I took the OP post to mean he was thinking any AFK would get you banned.

I was trying to clarify to the OP that it is not ALL afk without being an ah:) in my response.

After all no one has gotten banned from the guild lobby or POK when they are AFK in there.

What they say is:
It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK. Like fighting mobs, or holding a camp etc

Really appreciate the insight guys!
Welcome to the community. There's a number of posts from the amazing members of this community where they shared rules of the road and experiences from their use of these tools. Take some time to read through them and you'll be fine. Been using it for a year abiding by the wisdom of the community, nothing but great things to share.

You will quickly notice once you get some experience who those a-holes are out there....and there are a few. Just always remember to take the high road and do you.

Welcome to the community. There's a number of posts from the amazing members of this community where they shared rules of the road and experiences from their use of these tools. Take some time to read through them and you'll be fine. Been using it for a year abiding by the wisdom of the community, nothing but great things to share.

You will quickly notice once you get some experience who those a-holes are out there....and there are a few. Just always remember to take the high road and do you.

I've read a fair share and that's the general message everyone says. Looking forward to this :) - again I appreciate everyone's time replying to this thread.

Hi all,

Recently came back to EQ and have an interest in 5 or 6 boxing. I really like what MQ2 has to offer as far as it sounds, however I'm a little concerned if it is still against the EULA? I've tried to find recent information on this, but was unable to. I've found that using the AFK feature is against the eula and it referenced that using MQ2 while at the comp is perfectly fine. Could someone clear this up with me? Just something on my mind before subscribing :) thanks so much in advance!

Using MQ2 while playing EQ is not allowed, if caught you can be either suspended or permanently banned, they generally suspend you for 7 days for the first offense, but after that it depends on how they feel on the day.

There are supposedly tacit agreements between EQ and MQ2 about it's use, but don't rely on that to stop you being suspended/banned.

The secret is to not get caught, and you do that by being very careful how you play, or just plain bribing a GM to not suspend you (which works btw)

Question - Noob question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back