• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Noob question/concern (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
(1) Is there a way to remove the bold LDR from the end of my group leader's name?
(2) Was I dreaming, or did I see a script somewhere on here that gets rid of the annoying popup on free accounts.
(3) On the Everquest loading screen, instead of the funny messages while waiting to load, now it says ' Macroquest, Even when your loading.....'

Thanks for your attention.

1. Only you can see the bold LDR at the end of your leaders name. It is added by the MQ2Captions feature. I think you can check out the options for that to adjust it, or turn it off with
    Captions Off:
    /caption MQCaptions off
  2. I think there used to be something that automatically closed ads, but it no longer functions. You can however create a hotkey to send a command to all your characters to close the ad using a hotkey. This is the best method I have found:
    DanNet Close Ad Command:
    /dgae /notify AlertWnd ALW_Dismiss_Button leftmouseup
  3. "Even when you're loading" is just some flavor text that MacroQuest inserts into the loading screen sometimes. It's just a little humor and can be ignored.

The only one I can answer is #2

No way to disable the pop up. BUT when it pops up if you minimize it by clicking the little o in the upper left it sends it to your alert pop up window (which also cannot be disabled) so it doesn't pop up full size next time

Then tuck that alert window where the sun don't shine.

I don't share anything with anybody. I did get a random pm from somebody in CR Monday and they asked me if I was using MacroQuest and told me that they aren't very good at boxing. I just said sorry, I don't know what that is.

I use MQ2React to auto close the free account window. I'm sure if can be converted to a LEM, I'm just too lazy too.

I do have a delay in there cause the alert window will show more than just "Sign Up" messages

INI:
  CloseAlertWindow:
    action: /timed 45 /notify AlertWnd ALW_Dismiss_Button leftmouseup
    condition: "${Window[AlertWnd]}"

I don't share anything with anybody. I did get a random pm from somebody in CR Monday and they asked me if I was using MacroQuest and told me that they aren't very good at boxing. I just said sorry, I don't know what that is.
I will help others out with how to box, like alt tab or icons on the toolbar but not with how to bot. They possibly saw you doing something that led them to believe you knew about it:raise:

Question - Noob question/concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back