• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Noob Here, please help (1 Viewer)

dizznubzz

RedCents
20¢
Hello all,

So, I've followed the New User Guide, I've got the launcher installed, and click run MQ. I can see the MQ overlays running on my character select screen. But, as soon as I join the server (character loads) all of the MQ overlays, functionality disappears.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanks,
Diz

Solution
Thanks for the reply. How can I tell if I am on a truebox server? Currently trying to play on Oakwynd server... I don't think that is Truebox? Just says Evolving Progression.
Oakwynd is a truebox server, currently.

New TLP Oakwynd - May 24, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. PDT
```
- This server starts with standard True Box. Only one EverQuest client may be run per computer
- When Omens of War unlocks (June 19, 2024), we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
- When The Buried Sea unlocks (April 23, 2025), True Box will be removed.
```
With previous truebox servers that change their restrictions - MQ will be added sometime after "relaxed truebox" is available.
Hello all,

So, I've followed the New User Guide, I've got the launcher installed, and click run MQ. I can see the MQ overlays running on my character select screen. But, as soon as I join the server (character loads) all of the MQ overlays, functionality disappears.

Thanks,
Diz
MQ is not supported on Truebox servers.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Are you trying to use on am unsupported servers?

Hello all,

Thanks,
Diz
Try reloading the EQ UI while in game.

Thanks for the reply. How can I tell if I am on a truebox server? Currently trying to play on Oakwynd server... I don't think that is Truebox? Just says Evolving Progression.
Oakwynd is a truebox server, currently.

New TLP Oakwynd - May 24, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. PDT
```
- This server starts with standard True Box. Only one EverQuest client may be run per computer
- When Omens of War unlocks (June 19, 2024), we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
- When The Buried Sea unlocks (April 23, 2025), True Box will be removed.
```
With previous truebox servers that change their restrictions - MQ will be added sometime after "relaxed truebox" is available.

Solution
Problem - Noob Here, please help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back