• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - NO DARK ELF RANGERS!! - VOTE EVERY DAY | WIN PRIZES FROM REDGUIDES (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,486¢
maskoi-vote.jpg

Want to pick the next EverQuest Race and Class Combination? Now is your chance!
To kick off the epic celebration of EverQuest's 15th Anniversary, we're letting YOU pick the next race/class combo. You are allowed one vote per day on each matchup featured. We'll feature new matchups each week until we have a champion! Check back daily to vote and see how your favorite combo is fairing.

• Dark Elf Ranger vs Vah-Shir Druid
  • Dark Elf Bard vs Erudite Rogue
  • Wood Elf Beastlord vs Gnome Beastlord
  • Iksar Berserker vs Dwarf Shadow Knight

https://everquest.com/raceclass-bracket

Redbot's edit: This is now a contest.

PRIZE: Your choice of either 1500 Station Cash or 500k plat on any normal LIVE server, plus a free month of RedGuides LVL 2.

RULES: Vote, and then reply in this thread saying you voted. Please don't lie or you'll hurt Maskoi's feelz. Everyone who replies, or has replied, is entered to win. Two winners will be selected randomly.

Prizes will be handed out once the DE ranger loses, or when voting ends. Thanks to OurPlat for sponsoring the contest!

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS! BlankStare and lostangelintx

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NO DARK ELF RANGERS!! - VOTE EVERY DAY

Mask, you know, without a doubt, that it will either be a Gnome Monk or a Dark Elf Ranger.

So far the DE Ranger is losing to the Varnish Druid and while totally cool no Gnome monks lol

But gnome beastlord, so it's like a monk with a little clockwork gnome pet and spells.

Also, you can vote with each browser as it seems to be cookie-based. Open up Chrome/Firefox/IE and vote three times!

Good lord no, no gnome should be a nature or spirit class, it is just blasphemous! Gnomes are snacks not Beastlords.

There are gnome clerics and gnome pallies, they are spirit-ey. I can totally see the gnome BL as appropriate if you think about a tinkerer/inventor rather than an actual beastlord. Convert the spell names and ability names to things more along the lines of "clockwork golems" and you've got a gnome beastlord (at least mechanics-wise)

"Engineers' Log, Day 33: Add more grease to saw blade. Replace lamp with plunger."
There's no higher sign of ingenuity in a gnomish community than constructing a mechagnome to do all of life's boring work for you. The finest tinkerers find a way to merge warrior, butler, and laborer into a single hardy creation to accompany them on their adventurers. Two gnomes are better than one, especially when one is made of metal and stuffed with deadly weapons!

Clerics and pallies are spiritual not of the spirits (that would be shammy and beastlords). Look up the lore of the Beastlords and you will see why only bigger more savage races are Beastlords. Gnomes are about as far away from the spirits of ancestors and nature as you can get considering they are the most technological race in the game. I just can't see a Gnome becoming attuned to the wilds and taking a warder companion who will help them harness the feral power that the class taps in to, Wood Elves make more sense for Beastlords and even they don't fit well.

- - - Updated - - -

"Engineers' Log, Day 33: Add more grease to saw blade. Replace lamp with plunger."
There's no higher sign of ingenuity in a gnomish community than constructing a mechagnome to do all of life's boring work for you. The finest tinkerers find a way to merge warrior, butler, and laborer into a single hardy creation to accompany them on their adventurers. Two gnomes are better than one, especially when one is made of metal and stuffed with deadly weapons!

I saw that and it seems more like a Botlord than Beastlord, it is just a Gnome creating a robot to follow them around, does not fit with the class in any way.

Right, it's essentially an engineer class, but it would be silly to implement an entire class that would only be appropriate for one race, where the mechanics are exactly the same as a class that already exists. The lore for beastlords also doesn't really need to directly apply to the lore for gnome beastlords because they are the same thing with different back ends.

Then you might be this guy

107675.jpg

but if you google images Drizzt Do'Urden cosplay there are actually some very cool cosplayers pictures

I can totally see a DE Ranger or Kitty Druid but Gnome monk or Beasty.. doesn't feel right. Monks should be svelte and agile. Beasty should be.. beastly.
Darky Ranger is just a Ranger who is in touch with the dark forest.

Drow_blacksheep_Drizzt_DoUrden_by_AlMaNeGrA.jpg

I can't believe the gnome beasty is failing so hard. I thought there would be more people that wanted a clockwork pet =/

And yay! I'm pretty sure the DE ranger lost to the Vah Shir druid!

I can't believe the gnome beasty is failing so hard. I thought there would be more people that wanted a clockwork pet =/

And yay! I'm pretty sure the DE ranger lost to the Vah Shir druid!

I have not been let down! Gnomes are snacks not Beastlords!

But gnomes with clockwork pets are snacks with crunchy appetizers!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, if the gnome BL loses, then I will have no hard decision when he has to go up against the ikky zerker.

Maskoi, not that i have ever not agreed with anything i have ever seen you post. But i must say, i have a slight man-crush for you on this one. I have been spamming general and guild chat since the vote came online. I have been begging for Iksar berserkers since the class was released!

DE Ranger would be nice, but agree on the gnomes - no monk or BL class for them, would look just to wierd.

DE Ranger would be nice, but agree on the gnomes - no monk or BL class for them, would look just to wierd.

It's an anti-gnome conspiracy!

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone saw, they reversed a lot of the votes and DE ranger beat VS druid. As well as DE Bard beat Erudite Rogue (whatever). That's stupid. And gnome beastlord is losing, maybe they'll overturn those votes too and just declare gnome beasty the winner!

WTF? The Dark Elf Ranger won the first round that's fucked up.

Yeah, they decided they didn't like the outcome, so they just changed it. Overzealous voters my ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't know if you've been reading the forums, but they've already decided to add froglok monk in addition to whichever combo wins this "vote." And by "vote" I mean obviously rigged elections because they've already decided the outcome.

This is now a contest.

PRIZE: Your choice of either 1500 Station Cash or 500k plat on any normal LIVE server, plus a free month of RedGuides LVL 2.

RULES: Vote, and then reply in this thread saying you voted. Please don't lie or you'll hurt Maskoi's feelz. Everyone who replies, or has replied, is entered to win. Two winners will be selected randomly.

Prizes will be handed out once the DE ranger loses, or when voting ends.

Oh hell yes. I'd much rather see dark elf rangers or iksar zerkers than anything more gnome classes.

Voted Dark Elf Ranger (Because Dark Elf Bard is useless with DE Illusion on Bard) and because i just like Dark Elfes - Sorry Maskoi. And Iksar Zerker (Woodelfes, pah...)

Request - NO DARK ELF RANGERS!! - VOTE EVERY DAY | WIN PRIZES FROM REDGUIDES

Users who are viewing this thread

Back