• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - newbie startup issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
14¢
hello. i just got started with vanilla. i have been following the guide videos and when i got to getting my other toon to cast on my tank it went south. im not seeing a error message. when i type /bct (toonname) //cast 2 nothing happens. i have made sure there is a spell in #2 spell gem and also put that same spell in hotbar #2 slot. no idea what is going on. please help and thank you

howdy Galen, welcome to Redguides. You said you checked out our guide videos so I'm going to assume you fired up eqbcs

Did you connect each toon to it? /bccmd connect

you can check everyone connected to your eqbc by doing a /bccmd names on one of your characters and it will say who is connected

thank you very much! have a feeling im going to love this program. one more quick question. how do i get bob to target me for a buff? or will i need to that by switching screens?
you can do /bct bob //target id ${Me.ID}

So issuing Me.ID from bill is getting his server id and then telling bob hey bob target this id number whatevermyidnumberis --- this number will change on zoning/rez/etc but that command will always work

is there a way to send the tells your group gets to your tank? watched a very vanilla video on youtube and it mentions one called gena. spell check on that but i cant find anything after several searches. thanks for any help

MQ2Events was my previous go to for tell relying, before MQ2Discord and then before I blatantly stopped caring about tells. That's neither here nor there. I think it was something like this but apparently I don't have an MQ2Events.ini any more =/ [Tell] trigger=#1# tells you, #2# command=/if (${EventArg1.NotEqual[${Me.Name}]} && !${EventArg2.Find[I am unable to wake]} && !${EventArg2.Find[I'm busy right now]} && !${Spawn[${EventArg1} npc].ID} && ${EventArg1.NotEqual[a guild banker]} && ${EventArg1.NotEqual[a guild treasurer]} && ${EventArg1.NotEqual[Personal Tribute Master]} && ${EventArg1.NotEqual[Guild Tribute Master]} && ${EventArg1.NotEqual[a guild treasurer]} && ${If[${Me.Pet.ID},${Spawn[${EventArg1}].ID}!=${Me.Pet.ID},TRUE]} && ${Spawn[${EventArg1}].CleanName.NotEqual[Thing]}) /multiline ; /docommand /dex all ${EventArg1} told ${Me.Name}: ${EventArg2}; /if (${Irc}) /i say ${EventArg1} told ${Me.Name}: ${EventArg2};/docommand /guildsay ${Me.Name} has a tell.

Problem - newbie startup issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back