• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

newbie need help (1 Viewer)

Tom B

RedCents
ok i downloaded jigs 6.0 to my docments folder How do i get this to work on my computer? I tried the forums and search for marcoquest2.exe. Do i have to unzip jigs into marcoquest to get it to work? @. question where do i find information to set up getting aa's while sleeping i have several characters that would be much better if they had more aa's I understand you need to go to some out of the way place to do this safetly. Someone please help. thanks

This stuff is not easy for a lot of us new people out there. I read the guide and im still lost. jigs compile doesn't have files labeled ui files that im suppose to copy. I don't see the exe file either. You programmers assume all of us have this knowlege that we know what we are doing. When I paid my money I thought i was getting a utility bar with a bunch of exe files i could quickly download. Im willing to learn how to do this but monkeys guide just gave me more questions to ask. Also how do you know which files are XML files they are not labeled as such.

You probably dont have file extensions turned on (visible). Please do this and lots of things will most likely clear up:

1) Open any folder
2) Click Tools -> Folder Options
3) Select the View tab
4) Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
5) OPTIONAL - I usually turn on hidden files as well, but leave OS files turned off

This will add the .xml to the end of an "xml" file, and the .mac to the end of a "macro" file etc... Good luck!

Tom, everyone has had to start learning Macroquest (not Marco :) ) from beginning at some point. Redguides is about the easiest place to learn Macroquest and people are friendly here.

Jigs compile has a directory called MQUI which does contain XML files (the extension might be hidden though by Windows but description should still say XML files).

Please, reread instructions at http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?p=148268
# Run MacroQuest2.exe from the folder you saved compile in (can be JIGS60 for example)
# Run EverQuest.exe
It really is that simple to get started

Once you have Macroquest and Everquest running you can load additional plugins that came with Macroquest. Plugins are like little extensions to Macroquest that make it more versatile.

Next you should learn how to run a macro. Some simple macros can be found in your Macroquest2 compile subfolder /macros.

They can be run simply by typing /macro actualmacroname from MQ2 chat window in Everquest.

You can find additional macros here on redguides by searching for .mac extension . You save them to your computer by copy and pasting the macro code into Notepad (better if you have Notepad++ or another text editor though) then saving the file into your /macros folder with extension .mac. For example mysuperhunter.mac TIP:Make sure the file does not have extension txt at the very end (ie mysuperhunter.mac.txt) when you save.

At some point you should learn a bit about .inc extension as well.

Lastly a warning: Do not run real AFK macros for extended periods of time till you know wtf is going on in them. Try to check your computer every once in a while. Otherwise you may end up being banned or at least made fun of by people on your server.

90 percent of macros you will find online, will not work exactly how you want them to, out of the box, you will have to tweak them to fit your needs.

Thanks for your help so far....The folder thing worked now i can tell what the foleds are. Next question in jigs compile i cannot find marcoquest2.exe. There were 2 files with exe on the end i ran both of those and tried running eq but nothing came up thanks

hehe You got me all confused Tom. I would suggest re downloading and try it over again. sounds like your missing stuff. or maybe your downloading the source?

yea got it running and the map is cool. I tried to run some plugins but im sure i got the command line wrong. on jigs it said to type /plugin so i tried /plugin mq2 cast and /plugin mq2 net heal. Is there a plugin that will let my necro save his pet with armor and weapons in zone?

newbie need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back