• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Newb needs help please (1 Viewer)

worthless dog

RedCents
Hi all,
I am new here and just starting using MQ2 yesterday. After hours of reading posts and trying to learn how to use MQ2 I finally downloaded CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile. I followed the insturctions and got everything working that I wanted for now, but now I have a problem.

Twice EQ has crashed (once while camping to log in an alt) and everytime I rerun the patcher to log back in EQ crashes. I get the message "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". :mad: I tried loading EQ without MQ2 and it doesn't have a problem. So far the only way I have found to run EQ with MQ2 after a crash is to delete MQ2 and remake make the folder. After I do that EQ is fine but this method is somewhat annoying (very annoying if I am in a group or something). Plus I have to spend the first 10 mins or so reloading all plugins and turning everything on that I want to use.

Can anyone tell me please why EQ keeps crashing and what if anything I can do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

every once in a while i have eq crash when switching toons...

because i leave all 6 computers running 24/7

BUT i have never seen the EQ has encountered an error.. due to mq2.

but here is a quick trick for ya ..

go to eq folder..

Going through the patch server every time you start EQ is really time consuming considering the inordinate amount to files that it must search through now. So here is a way to bypass the patch server:

Go into your EQ directory
Right Click eqgame.exe
Left Click "Send to Desktop as Shortcut"
Close all folders and go to your desktop
Right Click the new shortcut
Left Click Properties
In the Shortcut tab place the following in the Target line:
"C:/Sony/YourEQDirectory/eqgame.exe" patchme
You may can leave the quotation marks out
Your installed directory may be different---The shortcut will be correct
In the General tab, call this EQ No Patch
Click OK
Just remember that when you know there is a patch, use your normal EQ shortcut to get the patches. The "no patch" method will really save time though if you go LD and get kicked to desktop.

that will help you skip the patcher .. and may help your problem with Eq has encountered an error..

Thank you for that little trick armysoldier. I have always used WinEQ to bypass the patcher but this trick is great. BUT even though I am now bypassing the patcher I still get the crash message on the license agreement page :(

Possibly its some of the plugins loaded, or too many loaded and some having a conflict. Try to keep it to the bare minimum. Can edit the Macroquest.ini in the Release folder to control what gets loaded even without opening up MQ2 and being in game.

Ok this is what I have tried so far today. After reading Donnavan's post I decided to camp out and see if EQ was going to crash again. It did (no surprise there) so I ran the patcher and did a complete file scan. It showed nothing to download so I went into the EQ folder and deleted eqgame.exe. Reran the patcher, downloaded eqgame.exe and ran complete file check again. Clicked play and as soon as the user agreement page started to load I got "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" AGAIN. Bah this is getting VERY frustrating! Guess I will delete MQ2 folder again :(

As far as Mochila's post about editing the Macroquest.ini, being new at this I really don't know what to do there and don't want to mess anything up lol.

The plugins I am running (and thought they were very minimal considering everything in the compile) are MQ2DoCrack, MQ2GMCheck, MQ2Quit, MQ2SuperDuperReallyGhettoSpeed, MQ2CGank. I tried the MQ2RWarp but thought that might have been the problem so haven't loaded it the last few times.

From /docrack I have been running seeinvis, noweather,eb, changedye.

I think that is it so pretty basic really as I am still learning MQ2 and have only been playing around with the simple stuff.

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate all of your help in trying to figure out this problem. I like the program and want to keep using it but the crashing has got to stop before I pull my hair out lol

Just an update to what I have figured out so far. After my last post I decided to do a little process of elimination. I logged into game and turned on 1 plugin at a time and camped out after each one to see if I would crash. I started with MQ2DoCrack, camped, yay no crash!! Rinse and repeat. I had no promlems at all till I loaded MQ2SuperDuperReallyGhettoSpeed (just my luck it would be one of the main things I wanted).

To double check this I deleted the MQ2 folder, remade it, logged back into game, loaded plugin again, camp, crash :(

Looks like I will only be using this plugin if I don't plan on camping out for a long while or if I can tolerate the crashing when I do need to camp to an alt. At least until I can figure out how to fix this.

worthless dog said:
Hi all,
I am new here and just starting using MQ2 yesterday. After hours of reading posts and trying to learn how to use MQ2 I finally downloaded CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile. I followed the insturctions and got everything working that I wanted for now, but now I have a problem.

Twice EQ has crashed (once while camping to log in an alt) and everytime I rerun the patcher to log back in EQ crashes. I get the message "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". :mad: I tried loading EQ without MQ2 and it doesn't have a problem. So far the only way I have found to run EQ with MQ2 after a crash is to delete MQ2 and remake make the folder. After I do that EQ is fine but this method is somewhat annoying (very annoying if I am in a group or something). Plus I have to spend the first 10 mins or so reloading all plugins and turning everything on that I want to use.

Can anyone tell me please why EQ keeps crashing and what if anything I can do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Remove MQ2GMCheck from your MacroQuest.ini and either stop using it, or load it every time you log in and remember to unload it before you log out. The new spawn table stuff is crashing people on login with this plug.

-CodeCaster

Thanks for the tip Code and I will do that but when I loaded the plugins 1 by 1 and camped in between to see which was causing the problem, the speed plugin crashed so I redid everything to double check it and loaded only the MQ2SuperDuperReallyGhettoSpeed plugin...crash.

So far since I have not loaded that plugin I have had not a problem with crashing. mq2autoforage doesn't work for me on 1 computer but that is only other problem I have had so far.

worthless dog said:
Hi all,

Twice EQ has crashed (once while camping to log in an alt) and everytime I rerun the patcher to log back in EQ crashes.

Thanks

Newby suggestion
before you camp a toon, unload MQ then camp
reload MQ and new character
make hotkeys for the plugin you use :p

Newb needs help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back