• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - New Toons Leveling Guide [WIP] (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,090¢
The scenarios

Recently returned after a couple years break so I want to level some new toons (this is on test server) to get a feel for the game again. Initially my group setup was:

1) Paladin
2) Druid
3) Magician
Tank + 2x Wiz mercs on AE Burn

I also tagged along a 105 ench + 105 cleric to give buffs. If you don't have the buffs things might slow down a bit and you should be a bit more careful pulling. Using 3box with 3 mercs is way easier than leveling 6 fresh toons at one time, especially without gear. Just know that if you do 6 fresh chars at once it's going to be a longer road. It could conceivable be faster just to level two sets of three.

I also decided to make a team to do some progression raiding from classic and up with other MQ2 user(s). That team (War + Clr + Brd + Rog + Rog + Mnk) I will also document the leveling path at the bottom of the post.

Some automation tips:

3 Box (Pala + Dru + Mag) + 3x Wiz Mercs Leveling Leveling Path (so far):

1-14 - Crescent Reach: Entrance -> Puma cave -> bear cave -> skeletons -> zombies

14-30 - Blightfire moors: Snakes/Rats around POK book -> Gnolls a bit north -> area outside of stone hive on the east side of zone

30 - 38 - LGuk: Not sure if I would recommend this zone. While it was good for some nostalgia, it would have been very difficult without the pocket cleric/chanter in tow. Paladin died once to Fabled Ghoul Assassin (I think these are level 75) , and also twice more from getting rooted on pulls. It was pretty quick exp though I went 30-38 in less than 1 hour.

38 - 43 - City of Mist: Ended up stopping around 43 in CoM, I worked my way from entrance back to the moat. It would probably be worth it to stay a couple more levels and go inside the door at the back but I didn't bother to get a key and didn't have a rogue. 40+ I was making big pulls of like 5-6mobs at a time back by the moat and arena.

43 - 50 - Sebellis: Started in Seb this morning and blasted to 45 in just the pulls near the entrance. Perfect mob level yellows and reds. Can be a bit dangerous pulling since the mobs root so be careful. Having a lot of fun here though, definitely looking forward to camping Disco, might try moving down towards jugs by trakanon eventually. Disco was a great camp from 45~50, there is an insane amount of gem drops if you are trying to farm plat. Did not go downstairs to mushroom because the thought of complete heal didn't sound appealing.

50 - 57 - The Hole: Went back to town to register fellowship for campfire and also pick up some jewelry from the vendors. I also switched out tank merc for wizard merc since the paladin is sort of holding his own with buffs. So current setup is Pal/Dru/Mag/3x wiz merc on burn ae. Started the Hole at 50 swimming in and opening the rock (you do not need a key on current expansion level on live). The mobs were all light blue all the way down to the city area. I worked my way down doing big AOE pulls until the cave that leads down to undead. I killed some of the higher level spirits in the city until ~53, then went down to the temple area, where everything was still high yellow / red. This worked out great with PLs and 3x wiz mercs, but might be rough if you don't have the backup. All in all it has been a pleasant leveling experience down here. Stayed outside the front of spirit tower until 57 when things started turning dark blue.

57 - ? - Crypt of Decay - Will get some 60+ spells and go check out crypt of decay. So far it's perfect! Mobs around entrance are all level 60, so yellow at 57. They are dying pretty quick, and easy 1-2 pulls so this will be a great zone for any size group even without the PLs.

(Lol 3box got forgotten)

I am making a new team to do some progression raiding, so thought I would document that in this same post as well.

6 Box (War + Clr + Brd + Rog + Rog + Mnk) Leveling Path (so far)

1 - 25 - /testbuff

25 - 35 - Blightfire moors panthers. Got this camp from eqgeeks guide: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/afk-level-25-35-blightfire-moors.29201/

35 - 41 - Gorukar mesa, started with bears/spiders/wolves on the left side of zone. Put the centaurs on ignore for puller. (I've actually just been leaving groups here all the way to 46, it's a bit slower than going to grimling, but not a big deal when playing at work. Much easier to just stay here till 46, then move to velks till 60)

41 - 46 - Grimling forest near the acrylia caverns zone line. Lots of Blue mobs, but they have quite a bit of HP. Still this was a pretty nice spot to grind a few levels. Way easier to get to if you can get a port / TL out there.

46 - 52 - Velketor's labyrinth entrance, mobs are a perfect dark blue - yellow. They have a lot of HP but it's nice camp with some actual drops to start getting people some gear too. (I actually let a group grind here all the way from 46 - 60. Took longer but was super safe and didn't have to pay much attention)

52 - 60 - If playing actively -> Go upstairs in Velks to the kobold camp until ~56-57 then outer castle camp until 60 -super fast exp but kind of a hassle to move up there.
- if looking for a more passive playstyle - i camped my group on the wall in skyfire and set a massive 2000 pull radius. This had the added bonus of also collecting pearls for a second cleric epic.

60 - 68ish - Outside Castle in Velks was still really good exp all the way to 65. The Steppes was also really good exp from 60-68ish.

68 - 75 - Dragonscale Hills - This zone is probably pretty crowded on live servers so take care. The farm camp is top notch.

75 ~ 80 - Loping Plain - Start with the alligators along the south beach, they are nice single pulls. Once those slow down, move north towards the Bloodmoon camps, can be some pretty challenging three pulls here but this will last you until ~80 before it really starts to slow down.

Last edited:
Personally I was bowled over by this post last year From Vorpalchicken. I still do the tutorial, just the center NPC quests and then I do this. It can be done without the Druid/Wiz. There might be some other tips in the full link at the bottom

Hi everyone, I thought I'd share the path I use to powerlevel, when PLing 1-3 toons. The basic premise of this works when you already have several established accounts, and maybe like me, are wanting to add more chars to your existing accounts for more flexible groups or just for fun! OK lets start this ball rolling.

Level 1 to 10 - Easy Mode

Req's: Druid/Wizard with Teleport to bind

First you need to run your druid to Icefall Glacier and bind at the location on the map shown below with the red arrow:
icefall.png

On the floor you will a stone, what you need to do is teleport your toons you want to start to be PL'd to this location and pick up the stone, BEWARE: The wolves near you will agro, so kill them before you unvis your level 1 toons or you'll be on res duty...

Now all your toons should have picked up an item called Shattered Krithgor Keystone take this to Librarian Hemfar (can be found using CTRL-F) in Crescent Reach, you simply hand this in and BOOM! level 10+

Personally I was bowled over by this post last year From Vorpalchicken. I still do the tutorial, just the center NPC quests and then I do this. It can be done without the Druid/Wiz. There might be some other tips in the full link at the bottom

Hi everyone, I thought I'd share the path I use to powerlevel, when PLing 1-3 toons. The basic premise of this works when you already have several established accounts, and maybe like me, are wanting to add more chars to your existing accounts for more flexible groups or just for fun! OK lets start this ball rolling.

Level 1 to 10 - Easy Mode

Req's: Druid/Wizard with Teleport to bind

First you need to run your druid to Icefall Glacier and bind at the location on the map shown below with the red arrow:
icefall.png

On the floor you will a stone, what you need to do is teleport your toons you want to start to be PL'd to this location and pick up the stone, BEWARE: The wolves near you will agro, so kill them before you unvis your level 1 toons or you'll be on res duty...

Now all your toons should have picked up an item called Shattered Krithgor Keystone take this to Librarian Hemfar (can be found using CTRL-F) in Crescent Reach, you simply hand this in and BOOM! level 10+

"BEWARE: The wolves near you will agro, so kill them before you unvis your level 1 toons or you'll be on res duty..."

No need to kill the wolves. There is a quicker way to finish this quest (wink wink).

If you skipped the tutorial, you will rez in Crescent Reach. Just have the level 1's skip the tutorial. Invis the new toons, and have them pick up the stone. then just uninvis. The wolves will instantly kill you. Return to bind area and poof, your in CR. Just run to the librarian and turn in. DING!!!!! Grats on level 12. The cool part is if you were already added to the guild, they all see you hit level 5 achieve and level 10 achieve. They be like "WTF?!?!?! How the hell you do that!?

Last edited:
Just use the serpent's Spine expansion to level 85.
Post 85 there are several zones from various expansions.
I like house of Thule, then rof, TWK, Then The Broken Mirror, then RoK, etc.

Last edited:
Just use the serpent's Spine expansion to level 85.
Post 85 there are several zones from various expansions.
I like house of Thule, then rof, TWK, Then The Broken Mirror, then RoK, etc.

I'm thinking about leveling 3 new toons from 0-85 to fill out my team. I was considering just following the Serpent's Spine expansion ( lugging around a 111 Druid for DS and buffs). I'm going to have War / Cleric / Rogue. Is this still a viable path? I want this to be as painless and stressless as possible, but I also don't want to do the mass PL thing, other then some help from my druid. Reason being, I like to feel some attachment to my characters, which I will have leveling to 85. I also don't want it to take an entire month either. Once they are 85, I take them to FM and power them to 110. I don't want to have to go all over norrath to get this done, and I absolutely wanting nothing to do with the gnome fortress place to do 70-85. I guess I don't mind doing velks lab for 50-60 and even a PoP zone 60-70, but it's that 70-85 that gives me sooo much struggle. I suppose I could even do HoT untill 85, but usually there is still groups there doing the automated grind thing already on my server.

I was going to just pay for the 100 boost on these guys, but I would rather use the money to do the 1 time krono on them and get the CWTN on War and Cleric

thanks

I'm currently running a 6 box of misfits (wanted some classes I didn't have yet) right through this with a 96 druid tag along and it's going great so far. They are in the 40s with minimum interaction cause that's what I wanted.

Pal/clr/bst/brd/wiz/rog

The pally/clr/wiz got decked out in ntov gear at level 1 because I thought it would be fun... And it is!

I dislike old zones for the most part. The only old zone I really use to level in are LDON's around level 60-70. Not camped (lol) and are pretty easy once you get it down.

I have found that a good spot for 70-80 is the "Farm" in Dragonscale hills. There are 3 or 4 kill quests you can stack with the kills your doing anyway and its very nice exp.

Of course I always hit the daily hot zones (not the HA's) which would be sweet exp for any group if you do it right. Just get about 3 tasks near your level each day, stick the druid in the group, go to zone and the druid can kill the mobs and the other guys will get the "kill 5 task" exp. Drop the Druid and the group can continue killing in what ever zone it is in for continued bonus exp. Not as bonus as the task exp but still ok.

One thing I find is that once you have done a couple characters from 1 to 40 or so then it gets redundant and boring. There are a few lower level quests I like to do but then I started to just Heroic them to 85. And then level up from there. Part of the reason on this was I have a gazillion of the free 85 Heroic, which I realize not everyone would have.

Once at 85 then I like to drop back to Overseer, daily HA, some quests that give good exp etc. I get offers all the time to PL my guys to higher levels but I like experiencing the "old fashioned way".

It does feel like you miss a lot with Heroic to 100 and PL to 120 or higher. From what I have seen a lot of players could use a good run thru of how their class works as opposed to being level 120/125 with no clue. So that is another reason I do the leveling from 85 and up - to learn your character.

Last edited:
Guide - New Toons Leveling Guide [WIP]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back