• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - New Toon Quick Tip (1 Viewer)

Saffron

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
2,697¢
Just a little something I do with new toons that I thought I would share as I haven't seen anyone talk about. I take my best heirloom mount "stat wise" and put it in a shared bank slot. I create my new toon and start the tutorial. I kill the jailor and turn in the key. Once I pop into the actual tutorial zone I do a /claim and choose gift of legacy lost. I open rhe package and click on the book of PoK portals. I run to the large bank and click on the mount. I dismount and run to the nearest zone. Do not med. I forget the name but it is the zone near the bank that heads to the drakkin starting zone. I attack the first rat or snake I see and hit sit until it kills me. You end up back in the tutorial. I hire a tank merc for extra deeps and go destroy the tutorial with my thousands of extra hps. It almost makes you invincible and regardless of the class I get a tank merc as nothing can take me. A few DS pots makes it go even faster. PL is a lot easier at lvl 10 which you will be fast with no medding and the small trains you can handle.

At low level, rogues mercs are more efficient as they back stab mobs when they flee.
That's fine but no rogue merc available in the tutorial. Just tank and cleric. I haven't tried getting a rogue merc in PoK so that is something to try.

So not sure I understand everything but isn't the bank in the tutorial a shared bank you could just get the horse there?

If not and you have to go to pok you can get there by hailing Arias. Once in pok you could ask Scalena Gaylor to send you back to tutorial up to level 11 ish. She is right next to the Cresent Reach stone which is the drakin starting zone I think you mean.

Just some ways to work it slightly different cause New accounts don't get Gift Of Legacy Lost under claim anymore.

The bank in the tutorial has the shared part as well, but you can't mount in the cave of gloomingdeep.
Ever considered newtoon.mac. It's great, does all the useful stuff and makes even a quest I didn't know off b4, which gives a nice 10 slot wr bag. As this macro let your toon visit pok as well, you could do an /mqp to pick up the mount, and even a temp + ds if you have the right classes at hand.
I like as well to have a small break to fill the inventory with 10 slot boxes.
After that I like to finish all quests just for the fun, I agree for pure efficiency heading right to ds-leveling would be the fastest.

Strategy - New Toon Quick Tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back