• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hearsay - New to the Community! (1 Viewer)

Mookkake

RedCents
102¢
Hey Everyone!

As a first time poster, I wanted to say hello and get my foot in the door with becoming part of the community!

I've recently returned to Everquest and have been juggling around multiple windows/characters and started getting that itch for some better management. After spending some time reading through the capabilities of the various addons here, I'm not sure if I'm more interested in actually accomplishing things in the game with them, or more interested in the challenge of designing configurations to do many of the things that have been giving me multitasking headaches.

There's a lot going on in life and I wanted to see if I would be in over my head with a new project, which has been part of my hesitation for this long on joining up. I was hoping that there might be a few friendlies around that could help me acquire enough redcents for level 2 access so I could get see if the grass truly is greener on the other side. ;)

Regardless, it's nice to meet everyone and I'll see you around!

kudos on level 2! I can assure you, this is a wonderful new project for you. I was 3 boxing manually and having all kinds of performance issues. My research brought me here and OH My gAWD!!! I now 6 box like I’m playing 1 toon. I’ve been a member for 2 months and when I joined I created 6 new characters (3 New accounts). Mq2eqwire is your friend! My toons, after 2 months, are only in their 50s. I enjoy tweaking the programs and learning how it all works almost as much as the game. Plus, as a father of 3 youngins I can only play sparingly. With my own group I can skip the LFG and get right into a 1 hour grind or finishing a quest for my team. Good luck!

Branson24, that sounds like the type of project that would breathe some life back into the game for me. I've played quite a few MMOs after my original run with Everquest ended and somehow, one of my buds always finds a way to bring me back. There's so much about the game's archaic feel that makes it hard to stomach after playing newer and more refined games, but then there's that sweet taste of childhood. ;)

I'm always trying to find ways to push automation with my job and that same fire carries over into personal projects like this. I really don't care about being a top plat farmer or owning all the camps, it's more about overcoming challenges and making things work better in creative ways -- that's why I'm here.

Plus, like you were saying, fatherhood definitely doesn't allow much in the way of playtime!

If ur in to tweaking and knew a few things about coding check out Core.. for less programming but still tons of customization try out kissassist. Use a generic ini from library and modify to your own toon. Or less options but fully run ur toons check out chatwiththisnames pluigns like mqeskay or mqbsty. And last New to the show Redguides mercs.. replacing Ihc. Im just starting to using rgmercs. But for ease of use out of box run macro start and go its pretty dam good and more i learn about it more i like... so welcome to the community and have fun going thr the options..

If ur in to tweaking and knew a few things about coding check out Core.. for less programming but still tons of customization try out kissassist. Use a generic ini from library and modify to your own toon. Or less options but fully run ur toons check out chatwiththisnames pluigns like mqeskay or mqbsty. And last New to the show Redguides mercs.. replacing Ihc. Im just starting to using rgmercs. But for ease of use out of box run macro start and go its pretty dam good and more i learn about it more i like... so welcome to the community and have fun going thr the options..
I've been playing around with muleassist and using mq2berzerker, it's pretty amazing to see some of the things that can be done for sure. Thinking about picking up chat's SK and cleric plugins as well, they're just so simple to use. I'll check out the other things you mentioned too.

Hearsay - New to the Community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back