• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - New to RG (1 Viewer)

Hoggins

RedCents
70¢
Hello,
I'm new here to the RG community and have a question or 2 about MQ2 or KA.
I've watched beginner set-up guides and I'm anxious to get started!
So I have been playing EQ since Y2K and started boxing one other toon maybe 8 or 9 years ago or so. Within the last couple years I created a 3rd full-access account and started boxing 3 toons whenever I find my in-game friends to not be online.
So my question is, will this work without too much difficulty if I like to play 2 or 3 characters grouped with a guildie who may or may not be running MQ2?
Our group is comprised of warrior, druid(him) and necro, chanter(me). I would like to be able to add at least one DPS, preferably a zerker into the mix and if things go well may even get a 4th account, dust off my cleric and move him to the new account.
My friend and I have been playing EQ and grouping together for almost 15 years. We usually do pretty good together but have come across some missions in RoS and TBL that we just can't seem to get passed. Not to say that we play these 4 toons to the best of their capabilities, I know that I sure don't but we feel like we need more...more DPS particularly.
The second question I have is should I begin playing EQ with MQ2 or KA with level 1 or low level toons first to get used to playing this way or can I just use it with my 110 necro and enchanter right away?

I know that starting out with lower level toons would be optimal for learning the ins and outs but TBH I would really like to use it with my current hunting party.

TIA!
-Hoggs

Hello,
I'm new here to the RG community and have a question or 2 about MQ2 or KA.
I've watched beginner set-up guides and I'm anxious to get started!
So I have been playing EQ since Y2K and started boxing one other toon maybe 8 or 9 years ago or so. Within the last couple years I created a 3rd full-access account and started boxing 3 toons whenever I find my in-game friends to not be online.
So my question is, will this work without too much difficulty if I like to play 2 or 3 characters grouped with a guildie who may or may not be running MQ2?
Our group is comprised of warrior, druid(him) and necro, chanter(me). I would like to be able to add at least one DPS, preferably a zerker into the mix and if things go well may even get a 4th account, dust off my cleric and move him to the new account.
My friend and I have been playing EQ and grouping together for almost 15 years. We usually do pretty good together but have come across some missions in RoS and TBL that we just can't seem to get passed. Not to say that we play these 4 toons to the best of their capabilities, I know that I sure don't but we feel like we need more...more DPS particularly.
The second question I have is should I begin playing EQ with MQ2 or KA with level 1 or low level toons first to get used to playing this way or can I just use it with my 110 necro and enchanter right away?

I know that starting out with lower level toons would be optimal for learning the ins and outs but TBH I would really like to use it with my current hunting party.

TIA!
-Hoggs
Hoggs, Welcome to RedGuides!

Yes, Absolutely you can run kiss toons with non-kiss toons - many of us approach using kiss/ihc etc to make the toons "mercenaries" so they fit in whatever you're doing.

All you need to do is ensure you have your tank set to tank/assist --- and then when you start your macros on your little guys they are starting with appropriate parameters like --- /mac kissassist assist (while targetting the group tank) --- they will assist that group tank now

I have a video in my signature that has some cool info for newer peeps - like mq2nav, easyfind, using camphere, moving your toons around, etc - check it out!

no problem at all functionally, you play your toons, they play theirs, nothing to it. Running your other boxes with MQ will almost certainly be a step up in quality of play though, having gone from 3 boxing manually to using MQ myself in much the same scenario

Also, there's nothing wrong with jumping in with what you have now. Trying to figure out all of the nuances of KA with the plethora of skills and spells will make the learning curve slightly steeper is all.

Discussion - New to RG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back