• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to Red Guides (1 Viewer)

RedCents
15¢
I'm an old school Everquest player, returning with a group of friends. A couple of us are going to be playing more consistently than the others so we're considering multi-boxing when it's just us. I think we'll just do 2 toons per, but depends on how easy it is to scale and how comfortable we get with it. I was looking to use the Very Vanilla MQ2 setup, but I guess it's locked behind a paywall? Anyone have any suggestions for multi-boxing for free? Also, do you just have 2 copies of Everquest on your computer or what? Thanks for the help!

So, I do not know any easy ways to box without shelling out the small amount for RG monthly subscription. So, I would say the easiest way for you to box isn't going to be completely free but it won't be expensive. Grab 1 month of level2 access here for a couple bucks. This will give you access to VV and your world will be so much easier.

The redcents shop offers 1 month of level2 access for a whopping 50 redcents. You can easily get 50 redcents a month just by giving other people redcents. You can give redcents up to 4 times a day. The person you give to gets 10 and you get 1. So you can make 4 a day just by giving to others. 12.5 days and you will have the 50 needed to pay for your next month. If you start commenting and posting you will end up getting redcents from others so it will be much quicker for you to get the 50 you need a month.

Be warned, eventually you may end up like a bunch of us who horde our redcents for when Red puts up kronos for 300 redcents. LOL

Also, for boxing you only need the 1 install of everquest. You can open as many instances of it as you want. You just cannot be logged into the same account on multiple instances.

**editted - some day I will find a new keyboard that isn't an actual piece of shit with weird keys so I stop having a million typos.

Looks like I just needed a second launchpad .exe to get both accounts going at once. What are the kronos things? I saw them in game, haven't researched them yet.
Krono are tradeable tokens that give you a month of game time when you consume them. They cost like $18 on the everquest website but the black market at ectunnel is usually less. People often farm plat in the game to buy krono from other people so that they don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee. Other people have more money than time and would rather buy krono with dollars and sell them in game for plat. It is a mutually beneficial little ecosystem.

You don't need a second launchpad.exe. Just go into your eq folder find the eq.exe, create a shortcut and in the properties add patchme to the target. It will launch eq and bypass the patcher. You don't need to patch unless there has been a patch so you never need the launchpad except patch days.

1606085028879.png

I always just pin it to my taskbar and I regularly open 18 or more instances of eq from that shortcut.

I had to put a second icon on my desktop years ago for some reason. Just could not get a second account to log into the first icon. It was something in the game cause it happened on more than one computer.

I just got used to having separate icons and it actually works well to help me line out which one is on and in which order.

Not like its taking up room lol. So there is nothing bad to doing it this way.

Sometimes bypassing the patcher can cause issues, I know many players do bypass it, but just keep that in mind if you ever can't see the right button on a claim item or aren't getting things correctly.

Question - New to Red Guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back