• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to Boxing, Returning Player (1 Viewer)

Bramble

RedCents
90¢
After coming back to a game I ultimately love, I am harshly reminded by the time commitment that TLP's can require in order to level/gear up while raiding. Like many here, I have been increasingly interested in Boxing (more than a 2nd pc truebox setup) on a live server in order to get my EQ fix on a limited time availability. The problem is, I have watched every single resource video about how to setup MQ2 and utilize plugins, adjust .ini files, and make use of Kissassist- yet I still don't understand what I am missing. I sub'd to a level 2 VV in order to try my hand at the setup, and get so far as the /mac kissassist command on my toons. I want to preface this with saying I am about as green as it gets when it comes to understanding every single piece of info on this site. I understand the desired functionality, but syntax and "codes" on how to make even simple macros eludes me. The following scenario is where I am at.

I load up 2 toons to try to understand the very basics of creating a group and issuing commands from the driver- "fatty". I try the simple command /dgae /wave. Fatty waves, group does not. I read that dannet should automatically recognize the other client on my network, is there a need to issue a command in order for the 2nd toon to become part of the "server" like EQBC? Also, I have loaded the meshes for the maps in order to use the buttons for "follow me", "come to me" etc, and the buttons still do not work. What does seem to work is editing the .ini file on the 2nd toon to allow /chase function, and toggling it manually with the command /chase on, which WILL seemingly take advantage of the mesh and home in to the fatty from anywhere in the zone using the mesh. I have accomplished zero other functions- this is the furthest I got in 2 hours before I became too frustrated to continue.

I want to understand more about the basic functionality before working with more advanced plugins - like CWTN/sic's and others- but after what was initially a 'this doesn't seem to be too difficult to setup basic functions' has turned into 'I am more lost than if you were to have dropped me on another planet'. You guys have a great community and I hope to one day be able to contribute to it, but after being very humbled by the initial setup, the task seems daunting.

howdy Bramble!

welcome to redguides

sorry you're having trouble - you said you watched a few things --- did you watch the New to RG vids? those have you rocking kissassist in just a few steps

the macro language isn't a #real language, so it takes a lot of work to get that as something you can work with - especially not knowing mq at all.

I'd suggest using kissassist - or rgmercs out the gate

howdy Bramble!

welcome to redguides

sorry you're having trouble - you said you watched a few things --- did you watch the New to RG vids? those have you rocking kissassist in just a few steps

the macro language isn't a #real language, so it takes a lot of work to get that as something you can work with - especially not knowing mq at all.

I'd suggest using kissassist - or rgmercs out the gate
Heya, thanks for the welcome!

I did watch that set, as well as your videos. The dannet video specifically I rewatched no less than a dozen times to see if I was missing something. I tried the exact commands, yet my 2nd toon does absolutely nothing.

Heya, thanks for the welcome!

I did watch that set, as well as your videos. The dannet video specifically I rewatched no less than a dozen times to see if I was missing something. I tried the exact commands, yet my 2nd toon does absolutely nothing.
dannet issues are almost always fixed by checking out

> This stuff < there is a link in the instructions with pictures

Welcome to RedGuides!
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Welcome to RG bramble!

I encourage you to keep reading, watching the videos, and asking questions. Great community here that is more than happy to help. Took me a few to get my grove, but I kept at it and it's made EQ worth playing again. No more standing around LFG. I believe there is also a discord channel that may offer some assistance, though I have never used it. Some of the others here may be more familiar with that option!

Whats Up Hello GIF by Disney Channel

Welcome back! Some of the automation for 1st time users can be daunting. Configurations, ini files, etc can be confusing but I can tell you unequivocally, without a doubt, the CWTN resources are about as plug and play as they get. If you read the guideline/watch the video for those resources, you should be good to go out of the gate. Super simple, and just follow the settings already laid out for you and watch the magic! You can tweak as you go, and it is pretty straightforward. Worth every cent and then some!

Bramble, welcome back.

I would echo and perhaps augment (no pun intended) Sic's and Shadow's comment. Consider the following transition while getting reacquainted with the game and perhaps adding additional accounts to round out a 6-man group if you don't already have that many accounts.

Start with RGMercs to get your feet wet then progress to KissAssist to fine tune the control and abilities of the team. When you are ready to unlock the full power and potential of automation, invest in CWTN plugins. Just a thought.

CWTN plugins work at all levels so if you feel you are ready you can even start right off the bat with those.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Your Dannet issue will certainly be something simple. and your test is a very good way to test.

The plugin needs to be loaded on ALL toons/Computers. Its not a service or a separate program like EQBCS that you run once and all toons talk to it.

there is also a really cool command /dnet info

This will show everyone who is connected to the Dannet Network

You may also need to edit your MQ2Groupinfo.ini

Commands for EQBCS need to be commented out - ie ; in front of them is a comment.

Note: This is not a complete copy of the Mq2Groupinfo file....just an example of the top section with the Button Commands.

[Default]
; Given the number of options, setting this per character will be a lot to maintain
UsePerCharSettings=0

; Disable checks that EQBC or DanNet are loaded before running commands
DisableNetCommandChecks=0

ShowDistance=1
DistanceLabelToolTip=Member Distance

ShowMimicMeButton=1
ShowComeToMeButton=1
ShowFollowMeButton=1
ShowHotButtons=0

ComeToMeText=Come To Me
ComeToMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
;ComeToMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/dgge /nav id ${Me.ID}
NavStopCommand=/dgge /nav stop
;NavStopCommand=/bcg //nav stop

FollowMeText=Follow Me
FollowMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
;FollowMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeToolTip=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowStopCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop
;FollowStopCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop

MimicMeText=Mimic Me
MimicMeSayCommand=/dgge /say
;MimicMeSayCommand=/bcg //say
MimicMeHailCommand=/dgge /keypress HAIL
;MimicMeHailCommand=/bcg //keypress HAIL
MimicMeToolTip=Everyone do what I do: targeting, hailing, etc.

; This command will have the spawn ID appended to it
TargetCommand=/dgge /target id
;TargetCommand=/bcg //target id

Question - New to Boxing, Returning Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back