• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to boxing and looking for advice (1 Viewer)

nolava

RedCents
262¢
Hello all,
I’m just returning to Everquest after a brief 18 year hiatus and through relearning the game I’ve come upon boxing which seems like a great form of exploring the game content without help from others. (and my level 65 rogue- while decked out in the best PoP raid gear from back on the day isn’t really cutting the mustard!) Solo play seems particularly appealing for me as my time for EQ at the moment is very unpredictable. Also coming from a software development background, the idea of developing scripts and code to improve gameplay experience is super appealing.

I’ve got some very newbie questions, but as someone in another thread recommended, I’ll throw them out there one at a time to not overwhelm with a wall of text. So my first question may be a really silly one:

What is the difference between VeryVanilla and the open source MQ2? I couldn’t really get a feel from reading the resources what the difference was other than it was curated by this (what seems to be great) community.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,
I’m just returning to Everquest after a brief 18 year hiatus and through relearning the game I’ve come upon boxing which seems like a great form of exploring the game content without help from others. (and my level 65 rogue- while decked out in the best PoP raid gear from back on the day isn’t really cutting the mustard!) Solo play seems particularly appealing for me as my time for EQ at the moment is very unpredictable. Also coming from a software development background, the idea of developing scripts and code to improve gameplay experience is super appealing.

I’ve got some very newbie questions, but as someone in another thread recommended, I’ll throw them out there one at a time to not overwhelm with a wall of text. So my first question may be a really silly one:

What is the difference between VeryVanilla and the open source MQ2? I couldn’t really get a feel from reading the resources what the difference was other than it was curated by this (what seems to be great) community.

Thanks in advance!
Very Vanilla is just a compiled version of MQ2 - for regular mq2 you can either build yourself for test - or pay for the builder via macroquest2 - VeryVanilla comes with all sorts of VeryVanilla exclusive stuff like plugins, macros, guides, support, community etc AND you don't have to compile yourself

Thank you Sic, that was exactly the type of snappy answer I was after. I just finished watching your video explanation of how to use kiss so thanks for that as well.

Question - New to boxing and looking for advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back