• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New TLP - Rules for Rizlona and Aradune (1 Viewer)

This is a transcript of the focus group with Holly and Dreamweaver.

If you want to see only their opinions you can search for windstalker or dreamweaver.

I edited out all of the good ideas that we discussed prior to this so that it was just this meeting alone. Below is how the group voted on a few specific topics that we thought were important for the next batch of TLP servers.

votes.png

We need more clarification on this. I see Holly was reaching out and making some mutual agreements in this with boxers and botters. With Jchan at helm and the comments on no automated play . It can be seen that VV is automated when using vs the darker side of automated where its AFK running around. If it was a knowledge that using automated while at the key board is accepted or not... cause some might see VV running and your characters are mashing keys together and call that automated... Either way the new server doesn't look appealing now... Holly was on some good ideas such as more loot drops or possible FV rules

One can just hope they quickly get rid of the idea that the Guide Program could do anything good for that thing.
I can tell you that NONE of the guides they still have (up to their "management") knows anything about EQ anymore. Almost all of them are EQ2 - and there only the rainbows and butterflies folks.

One can just hope they quickly get rid of the idea that the Guide Program could do anything good for that thing.
I can tell you that NONE of the guides they still have (up to their "management") knows anything about EQ anymore. Almost all of them are EQ2 - and there only the rainbows and butterflies folks.
The current guides cannot even count correctly when they only have 7 people in the competition and give the award to the wrong person. Favoritism runs wild with the guides giving out favored items to favored friends. And why does no one just come out and say what they got? Its like its all a big secret. I quit attending guide events about a year ago after I had filled my second house with stupid "goblin illusion potions" And we are supposed to appreciate that they are volunteers and be in awe of them. Bah they are useless.

Wow, sorry for that rant. Guess something flipped that switch lol

Has there been any official word on VV and Rizlona? If betting I would say it isn't going to work, but I always hold out hope.

I played in ragefire for long time, and truly enjoyed it! My guild always talked about just a remake but with AoC and maybe just maybe FV loot rules. When I hear about new servers coming out, I was thinking maybe something close to this.

However, I read the complete swing and miss once again by a company who's completely out of touch with their playerbase. People wanted a pop lock server which they got, and I'm happy for them. But, Agnarr already in place, why another two?

After thinking about this earlier, this is entirely a cash cow event. We all know when a TLP come out that's a great way to make kronos, and that's exactly what DPG is looking for. I will say this, by the forums and watching discord, I've seen maybe 3 of 4 positive results from the announcement. So, they best be listening or revenue will definitely be down.

What I could see is:
Have several servers - each locked at a certain expansion.

Maybe like this:
- Classic (+ Kunark)
- PoP (+LDoN)
- Up to today

Now you can start on any of them for sure - but it would be advisable to start your character on the Classic-Locked one. Once you have enough of classic you can transfer (preferably for free or for a minimal fee) your toon to any of the servers who are locked at a higher expansion.

This would allow you to experience whatever expansion the server is locked at for as long as you want - but can leave at will for new lands without disturbing those who don't want to ever leave classic for example.

New servers are no longer PoP/LDoN locked. Pretty disappointed to read that.
I guess some things are changing and nothing is entirely set in stone. Looks like Aradune is exclusively True Box now instead of two box enabled as it was previously. Rizlona appears to still be a box server without restrictions.

If Darkpaw could "team Up" with VV preferably or start it's own boxing tools and monitor it for afk retard plat farmers/ perma campers, I would be all over it. Total game changer.

If GM's are dedicated and work 3, 8 hour shifts, that could eliminate most of the illegal actions and keep the server stable, if.... they stick to the guidelines and avoid "making favorites". IF it pays well, hook me up for 16 hours~ a-day!

I think I'll probably play on it a bit from an IHC developer perspective to test how well things work on progression servers. Will continue to provide feedback to the other macro authors as well. Curious what the fun group makeup will be...

EDIT: Assuming they allow MQ2.

Last edited:
What does exclusively true box mean vs two box enabled?
Aradune allows you to play 2 toons at the same time. But due to it being "TrueBox" you have to play those on different machines.
If they find you playing more than 2 at the same time you will be in trouble.

Rizlona you can box as much as you want. On the same machine, on different machines, ...

Before the update it read like you could play 2 toons at the same time on Aradune - even from the same computer. Now this appears to have changed.

Holly's interpretation to automation usually was like "it is not automated if you are at the keyboard".
Auto-Play was defined so that your toons were played with you being absent.

Although people are already pulling up the golfclub about "no 3rd party software" again (which was reworded in the EULA apparently).

What I truly don't get is:
How many TrueBox servers do they have now? Why would they need another? Don't they like playing on their existing servers?
If it is they are getting bored after a while - hey I have the solution for this: Character Wipe after 3-6 Months of PoP and there you go (or just reset everything and let them keep the character as a brand new level 1).

New servers are no longer PoP/LDoN locked. Pretty disappointed to read that.
I guess some things are changing and nothing is entirely set in stone. Looks like Aradune is exclusively True Box now instead of two box enabled as it was previously. Rizlona appears to still be a box server without restrictions.
From what I can tell it was a true box from the start but they were going to limit how many accounts could be logged in from a single IP. This could potentially punish families that play together tho so glad they got rid of that.

Did anyone else see that post on page 19 about a prison server lol dude is off his rocker with that suggestion. Not sure if it's crazy smart or just crazy tho I haven't decided. I kind of like the idea of the prison rules server but not with those types of punishing mechanics.

Did anyone else see that post on page 19 about a prison server lol dude is off his rocker with that suggestion. Not sure if it's crazy smart or just crazy tho I haven't decided. I kind of like the idea of the prison rules server but not with those types of punishing mechanics.
What the dud keeps forgetting is that even if the rulebreakers play alone they still have a bit of friend/community that they like, take that way by moving them to a prison server and you may just as well ban the account outright, I doubt many would keep playing under that cloud. Hey at least in that case after a month people can take their krono of that account sell it and never look back.

So We can use MQ2 on rizlona?
Yes, that´s what I really want to know as well. I just made this account because i really want to try out boxing on Rizlona with MQ2 an kiss assist. I have no experience with this boxing software, so I would really appreciate any information about how/if at all we can use this on Rizlona. I really dont want to spend a lot of time and some money on this boxing software only to find out that it isn´t allowed on Rizlona. How is the procedure? Are the developers of this site in contact with darkpaw games and discuss this topic? Any info would be really appreciated. :)

Yes, that´s what I really want to know as well. I just made this account because i really want to try out boxing on Rizlona with MQ2 an kiss assist. I have no experience with this boxing software, so I would really appreciate any information about how/if at all we can use this on Rizlona.
Honest answer, no one knows and DPG will *never* come out and say "yes, MQ2 is allowed." They won't even say it's allowed on live, although their history of tolerance speaks volumes on it's own. The closest you're going to get is Dreamweaver saying that "unattended" and "unintended" play will result in suspensions. Unattended is obvious. Unintended is things like warp hacks and that's backed up by some screenshots of Dreamweaver forum posts that are floating around here. Things of that nature are not included in the Redguides MQ2 build.

I really dont want to spend a lot of time and some money on this boxing software only to find out that it isn´t allowed on Rizlona.
That's fair. Unfortunately, there will never be a definitive answer from a fully authoritative source. It's all *wink*wink* *nudge*nudge* because they can't be seen as endorsing a 3rd party product, yet they also don't seem too motivated to crack down on it's use. Either because the lost customers would be too great or the resources necessary to do so is something they literally can't afford.

How is the procedure? Are the developers of this site in contact with darkpaw games and discuss this topic? Any info would be really appreciated. :)
EQMule, the primary maintainer of the core MQ2 code, has been in contact with DPG in the past. I haven't seen any mention of the RG admins having any official contact with DPG.

All that said, it would seem that Riz will allow boxing with assist programs that don't contain active hacks, like what is offered here, based on their language specifically describing Riz and a non-"truebox" server.

By playing on Rizlona you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including all Rizlona associated accounts.

This does not sound MQ2 friendly....

Thanks a lot for all the fast answers. I guess i start on Rizlona with 4 characters on 3 computers just normal multiboxing and hope for people to share their exprience using this boxing system. If, after like 2 weeks or 3 or so a lot of people are getting banned for using this, then it´s obvious, i wont start using it; but if on the other hand people are reporting that they played with mq2 for like some weeks already and didn´t getting suspended then i probably will try it too. It´s not like we are in a hurry with 3 months of classic. :)

This may actually bring me out of EQ retirement always wanted to kill naggy solo with boxed toons with AoC if you are over 50 he won't boot you from the zone yay. Only static world naggy/vox do that not the AoC version. Looks like they finally listened I know EQMule started a post on this under an alias on the EQ main forums and I even replied throwing my support behind it. I think the post got locked and the answer was an Emphatic NO!!. That's when I went into EQ retirement again for like the 4th time LOL.

It doesn't come down to what Darkpaw says, dreamweaver says, or anyone else says, other than eqmule and whomever he talks to. If eqmule flips the switch so that it works on Rizlona, then it is allowed. I think that is what most people are really asking. Has eqmule been informed, decided, or however it occurs, that he will allow very vanilla on Rizlona.

That being said, I don't think he would go against the wishes of the dev team, because then he would risk all of his customers on live. So honestly, the first person that will probably know if it is allowed on Rizlona, will indeed be eqmule.

Supposedly (according to the official forums), Dreamweaver replied in the EQ discord server clarifying that MQ2 is ok as long as it's not being used to AFK. Automated is OK as long as you're at the keyboard and no active hacks. Who knows if that's the "official" word, but it looks like VV on Rizlona may be allowed. It will be interesting to see what EQMule finds out.

News - New TLP - Rules for Rizlona and Aradune

Users who are viewing this thread

Back