• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New producers letter 2020 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
947¢

Can you believe EverQuest is entering its third decade? 21 years old this year! For this year’s anniversary in mid-March this year, we are releasing a new feature that has been a passion project for us that should enhance the lives of many around Norrath. We call it “Overseer.”

As an Overseer, you will be able to send out agents that you earn on Overseer Quests to gain rewards. This new system is designed to help players catch up to current content by giving access to rewards that are found in past content. Its goal is to help you build up your characters faster. Overseer is accessible starting at level 85 and with its launch we will grant all members a free level 85 heroic character. More details on Overseer will be coming very soon.

What about new progression servers? Not today! But we are planning to launch in late spring/early summer. We have some work to do on tech and game health overall as well as fully rounding out the rule sets before we can launch them. Part of this work includes tackling some server merges between now and late spring to position us well for new progression servers. We’ll give more detail when we have it, of course.

Interesting, I wonder if FTP characters will get the free heroic?
Also, if so will those characters get the free AAs?

I would assume no to the FTP question.

Dreamweaver, actually said he thinks it will be for Silver also based on someone saying they got a free Heroic on Silver back in 2014 and he remembers that also. We shall see. I think a few of my F2P got it also back then.

"Overseer" ... the same concept they added in EQ2 and made it p2w quickly ... I hope they fear the outlash from the EQ community if they plan right the same.
(well ... p2w besides the fact that it is said to still be horribly bugged *lol*)

Last edited:
made around 30 f2p free heroics back then so was definitely for all accounts made before a certain date but not sure they might have fixed something there toward end of it. (I still have access to 23 of them)
This time they probably wont allow any newish accounts to acquire one if they do release to f2p/silvers again.

Dreamweaver, actually said he thinks it will be for Silver also based on someone saying they got a free Heroic on Silver back in 2014 and he remembers that also. We shall see. I think a few of my F2P got it also back then.
There was 2 giveaways so far.
1. Heroic release test
2. Heroic for all about a year later (silver/gold/f2p) catch was you had to have the account before it was released

This time with the "members" word thinking just all access as that is how all the recent freebies worked. They have to have a draw to click that krono.

"Overseer" ... the same concept they added in EQ2 and made it p2w quickly ... I hope they fear the outlash from the EQ community if they plan right the same.
(well ... p2w besides the fact that it said to still be horribly bugged *lol*)
Already p2w, you can complete the "quest" by paying daybreak cash or wait 16 hours ... Played around a bit with it, bugged is an understatement besides that I have clue how it is actually supposed to work. Did not see any tutorial.

Last edited:
f2p is odd in eq, basically you are free to play till like 60ish 80ish where AA is required to really progress the character
Honestly I like the system it does allow you to get a few hundred hours of playtime before subscribing and is better than what we had before which was 0play without subscription
EQ has been pretty good staying away from p2w which is nickle and dime'ing the player base to be able to continue, lots of mobile games do this in the newbie phase and its retarded IMO, ruins the experience/immersion.
I really prefer the buy2play model with a free2try, which is what I see EQ as however it has a subscription to support the backend, which is required for this type of game

I totally agree with @LamahHerder At this point in EQ's history, I think one should be able to start at 85 if they play on a live server (only one live server). Those who want the real experience from the beginning can do the progression server thing.
There are many, like me, that are willing to pay for their toys (illusions, mounts, etc.), but I also want the thrill of raiding and having things that others can't have without raiding. No, you shouldn't have to raid to have a great experience or toon. I totally agree with that, but if I put in the time (and money), I think my stuff should be a little bit better.
What good is all this gear, if you never get to flaunt? HAHA Btw... anyone have all those old songs? I can't find them online anymore and my old computers are in storage.

Already p2w, you can complete the "quest" by paying daybreak cash or wait 16 hours ... Played around a bit with it, bugged is an understatement besides that I have clue how it is actually supposed to work. Did not see any tutorial.
You are talking about the Overseer feature in eq2, too, don't you? (or is it out on test in EQ already?)

If anybody is curious about the Overseer feature in eq2 ....
(anyways - I still see this at a blatant copy of a WoW feature ... it even is as close as a lookalike ...)

what they sneaked in right before the end (right after the blurp about progression servers which will make many folks stop reading anways) is this:
Part of this work includes tackling some server merges between now and late spring to position us well for new progression servers.
One could say "merging progression servers" - but something tells me "nope - not just them".

what they sneaked in right before the end (right after the blurp about progression servers which will make many folks stop reading anways) is this:

One could say "merging progression servers" - but something tells me "nope - not just them".
I saw that too. Grammatically, they're referring to merges of progression servers, possibly merging multilpe prog servers together or merging late stage prog servers into a live server. But they're obviously not bound by that. Certainly misleading if they mean to merge 2 or more live servers considering the way that paragraph was constructed.

I saw that too. Grammatically, they're referring to merges of progression servers, possibly merging multilpe prog servers together or merging late stage prog servers into a live server. But they're obviously not bound by that. Certainly misleading if they mean to merge 2 or more live servers considering the way that paragraph was constructed.
yeah - they can bent that in either direction ...

... some work to do on tech and game health overall ...

While tech might be something like "setting up ressources" the "game health overall" is something that I wouldn't see as progression specific.
And also hiding this blurp right where she put it ... hmm ...
We will find out one day :)[/quote][/quote]

Its on EQ test
I think I need to patch test and experience the incoming fallout .)

Anyone know what sort of “rewards” there are going to be to help you catch up RE overseer? All I’ve seen on the forums is some TS stuff

Any idea on how long the free heroic toons will be available once they launch it mid march? That's right when I am due to be moving. Also do I need to resub my accounts or can they stay free? 6 free heroic toons sounds good to me.

Wasn't the overseer feature advertised initially as part of ToV? I remember it being advertised on both EQ1 and EQ2, and then later when EQ1 didn't have it I thought maybe I'd just imagined it or something.

News - New producers letter 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back