• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New Patch (1 Viewer)

bigdaddy

RedCents
Whats the new patch about? Was just broad cast that all servers going down at 4am pst for 9hrs.... sounds like a serious patch for 9 damn hours... After all the recent bannings, i have a gut feeling that something is changing that will be dangerous for us... any thoughts on this?

Damn.. where does Earring of Gray Waters and Murky Pearl Ring off of that link drop? never seen those before in DoD...

well, after reading that it seems that the reason the patch is so big is due to the fact that they are changing a lot of material. It takes a lot of time to change zone difficulty, item's, and experience (im sure). Changing a whole expansion takes a while, Im not worried about it. If they "truely" wanted to kill off all hackers, they would...

Don't worry about getting caught. It's posted every time about 'Oh no, they have new ways to catch MQ users! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!'

Worry more about the impending patches to fix the patch. The 4 hour patches don't have a lot of problems afterwards (most times), it's the big ones like today you need to worry about.

I just hope they open up a few more exploitable and/or do not nerf a few of the MM's that have actually paid off. Yes, I can dream.

I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere else.

I was browsing the EQL site and found this letter from the producer.

I would refrain from using warp (at least I will) especially after they changed the way fear works. Fear Change

Producers Letter

Hacks and Exploits

As any developer will tell you, we get into this industry because we enjoy games and we enjoy making them. That is why I dislike even having to mention hacks and exploits, but it is a reality that needs to be addressed.

As many of you know, we've spent a significant amount of time on our reporting systems to detect various hacks and exploits. The end result will provide a really positive impact. For example, without the reporting tools, we took action on over 1,000 accounts during the month of October. Although that number may seem high, the numbers generated by our reporting tools are considerably higher. These tools are currently limited to generating reports, but we are rapidly approaching a time where these will be used in a more robust manner. I won't go into detail, but I'd like to encourage anyone playing outside the natural boundaries of EverQuest to get back in those boundaries. Whatever advancement these exploits provide to individuals is not worth the damage that it does to the EverQuest community. Consider this fair warning.

And no I'm not wearing my Tin hat etc, but with that fear change and ghetto warping not working( unplug I-net, move , replug I-net).

November 16th, 2005

*** Depths of Darkhollow***
Many of the single group attainable rewards from the Depths of Darkhollow expansion have received significant upgrades. This includes more than 1,000 items from all over the expansion. Also, to allow players who have deleted items a chance to get them again, the rewards you get for completing a mission the first time are now given to you whenever you complete the mission and do not already have the reward.
We've also made many tuning changes to the DoD missions to provide a smoother ramp up in difficulty over the course of the expansion. In general, earlier missions are now a bit easier and missions further into the expansion are now a bit more challenging, particularly the hard level missions.

*** New Monster Missions ***
- A gnollish zealot has been spotted near the bridge in South Karana. He speaks of the rift within Paw and the final whereabouts of the son of Ishva Mal. Perhaps there is still hope for the prisoners within.
- The Solusek Mining Company has begun recruiting clockwork pilots for a special mission. Report to Clockwork Commander Widgetsworth in Lavastorm for further details.

*** Spells ***
- Several of the abilities used by NPCs in the Demi-Plane of Blood have been modified.
- The Enchanter spell Apathy of the Nihil has been replaced with Dreary Deeds, an upgrade to Forlorn Deeds.
- E`ci's Frosty Breath and Glacier Breath are now much harder to resist.
- Blood of the Spire is now a more potent mana preservation focus.
- Ravenous Hunger has been changed. It is now named "Ravenous Sloth" and is a 40% duration extender on the spell "Lingering Sloth".
- The Aura of Arcanum line of spells should now have the correct spell description.

*** Items ***
- Pumpkin lovers rejoice! Pumpkin items now stack.
- The spell Servant of Marr now properly requires Ink of the Companion.
- Some of the ores that did not stack before now stack. This is from a list provided by the community.
- The drop rate on Shards of Dark Matter has been increased. The high-end Gates of Discord bosses will now drop at least one of them every time they are killed.
- The weight on all versions of the Mask of Horror for the Halloween event has been decreased.
- Ensorcelled Great Sword of the Night should now proc correctly for players at level 55 and greater who can wield the sword. The Greatsword is also more visually imposing.
- All none/none flagged containers in the game are now flagged as all/all. This should fix some issues with containers not showing up in varied item searches in the bazaar and item point vendors.
- Some of the "Last Blood" augmentations now have stronger focus effects.
- Darkhollow Constitutional will now return a normal cork, not the dissolving kind.
- Statuette of the Tranquil is now called "Amice of the Tranquil" and is a shoulder slot item. The AC has been increased and the avoidance has been replaced with accuracy.
- Woven Shadow Shroud is now called "Woven Shadow Stone" and is a range slot item. The item now has points in backstab damage.
- Razorsharp Shortsword is now not usable by berserkers.
- Dragon Scale Tiara is now named "Dragon Scale Eyepatch"
- Azure Sleeves of the Diplomat and Azure Cowl of the Diplomat have lost their +attack bonus.
- Azure Slippers of the Diplomat have lost their attack bonus and have received a +2 to mana regen.
- Eulogy, the Bloodthirsty Blade now has higher hit points.
- Bard instruments will drop less frequently in the Demi-Plane of Blood and a maximum of once per kill.
- The Insidious Hooded Cloak now has its specialization modifier set to alteration instead of conjuration.
- The Ancient Werewolf Skull evolving item now has augmentation slots at each stage in evolution.
- The Sharpshooting VI spell effect on Soulseeker, Death's Sigh is now worn instead of combat.
- The Polished Chitin War Horn now has an augment slot.
- Ancient Cudgel of Slaughter now has resistance modifiers.
- Though it is still magnetic, a magnetic metal brick will no longer stick to your hands.

*** Missions, Tasks & Quests ***
- Adjusted the experience reward for monster missions to better reflect the amount of effort the mission requires. Missions that could be finished very quickly are now worth less experience and missions that are taking longer to complete are now worth more experience.
- High Seas Rogues have regained the ability to evade!
- All Drachnid Hive level 65 missions should now give out the appropriate one time rewards.
- Artisan Dosan Vis’Moor, Vivian Selgan, and Gart Okken should now be accepting items for the tasks that they give.
- Additional text has been added to the "Investigate a Disappearance" task that begins in Freeport that should help clear up a confusing spot late in the task.
- Aid Fimli in the Plane of Knowledge will now reward you with a cloak of lesser pernicity that matches the stats of the original cloak of greater pernicity. In addition the cloak of greater pernicity has been changed to be no drop.
- The Misty for You quest now works properly.

*** UI ***
- The GuildManagement window has a new tab "Information", which contains the MOTD fields, as well as two new fields for Guild web URL and Guild channel specification. These new fields are changeable by the Guild leader only.

*** Tradeskills ***
- The spell Light of Order will now use the proper ink.
- Poison Vials made with Crows Special Brew now show properly in the Tradeskill UI.
- Players baking with pumpkin will now get their tools back when they mess up.
- Players making Spiced Pumpkin Cider no longer have to hold it in their hands. The recipe now requires a bottle.

*** NPCS ***
- The Knight of the Dread Sun will now make his appearance more often.
- Fixed an issue in Dreadspire that could cause some of the residents of the crypt to aggro through the roof.
- Ogres will now be able to get the thread for their cultural armor without having to fight off guards.

- The EverQuest Team

bigdaddy said:
After all the recent bannings, i have a gut feeling that something is changing that will be dangerous for us... any thoughts on this?
And what part of using mq is NOT dangerous? It's against the rules for fuck's sake.

I'm not trying to flame. I just like to use the word fuck a lot.

I haven't warped or gated since the last patches. I doubt I will do it again. I still greatly enjoy EQ, and am content with my spiffy ingame map, docracks, and now speed cracks.

IMO for myself it just isn't worth it to try shared, warp, or /gate ... at least not yet ... i'd rather get a feel for how excessive the future changes and bannings will be.

I've warped and zoned extensively since last patch, only time I heard from a GM was when I petitioned something with a name.

Agreed. Fuck is the best word ever.

Lets go into further detail of the word fuck shall we?
-------------------------------------
The Fucking Disclaimer

If you are offended by the use of bad language fuck off now! Don't read all of this page and then say it annoys you.

Uses of the word Fuck

FUCK is an international word. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, everyone knows exactly what you mean when you say "Fuck Off".

It's the atmosphere it creates, that's why you will never read something like:

"Fuck off", he hinted.

Grammatical Usage

In language, "fuck" falls into many grammatical categories, making it one of the most versatile words in the English language.

It can be used as a verb, both transitive (John fucked Jane) and intransitive (John and Jane fucked). It can be an active verb (John fucked Jane) or a passive verb (Jane was fucked by John). Or an adverb (Jane is a fucking bastard) and a noun (Jane is a terrific fuck). It can be used as an adjective (Jane is fucking beautiful).

Further Structures

As you can see there are few words with the versatility of "fuck". Besides its sexual connotations, this incredible word can be used to describe many situations.

Greetings "How the fuck are you?"
Fraud "I was fucked by the McDonalds Drive Through."
Dismay "Oh, fuck it."
Trouble "Well, I guess I'm fucked again."
Aggression "Fuck you!!!"
Disgust "Fuck me!!!"
Confusion "What the fuck....?"
Diffuclty "I don't understand this fucking thing."
Despair "Fucked again."
Desperation "Fuckityfuckfuckfuck."
Incompetence "He fucks up everything."
Displeasure "What the fuck is going on?"
Lost "Where the fuck are we?"
Disbelief "Unbefuckinglievable!!!"
Retaliation "Up your fucking ass!!!"
Pain "Fuck ! that hurt."
Pleasure "Oooooooh Fuuuuuuck"
Love "Do ya Fuck on first dates?"
Surprise "Fucking hell what was that?"
Hate "You Fuck!"
Disappointment "That's not fucking fair."
A poker hand "A Royal Fuck."
Denial "I didn't fucking do it."
Perplexity "I know fuck all about it."
Apathy "Who gives a fuck."
Resignation "Oh fuck it."
Suspicion "Who the fuck are you?"
Panic "Let's get the fuck out of here!"
Directions "Fuck off."
Sex "Let's fuck."
Maternal "Motherfucker."
Incestuous "Motherfucker."
Ambiguity "I'm not so fucking sure."
Agreement "Absofuckinglutely."
Refusal "Oh you can fuck right off."
Pissed off "Fuck the fucking fuckers!"

Famous historical quotes

Never forget the words of these famous people.

General Custer Where did all them fucking Indians come from?
Mayor of Hiroshima "What the fuck was that?"
Captain of the Titanic "Where's all the fucking water coming from?"
Michelangelo "You want me to paint what on the fucking ceiling?"
Einstein "Any fucker could understand that."
Sean Penn "Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck"
John Lennon "Is that a real fucking gun?"
Donald Campbell "The fucking throttle is stuck."
Anne Boleyn "Heads are going to fucking roll."
Richard Nixon "Who's going to fucking know?"
Niki Lauda "I thought I could fucking smell petrol."
Mark Thatcher "What fucking map?"
Picasso "It does fucking look like her."
Christopher Columbus "Where the fuck are we?"
Michael Jackson "It's a fucking skin condition"
and more recently "I told you I didn't fucking fuck him!"
Pythagarus "How the fuck did you work that one out?"
Walt Disney "Fuck a duck."
Joan of Arc "I don't suppose it will fucking rain."
Miss Marples "I haven't got a fucking clue."
Noah "Scattered showers, my fucking arse."
Donald Trump "You're fucking fired!"
Judge Judy "Shut the fuck up!"
Paris Hilton "Fuck me."
Ronald Regan to the Pope "Yes it does fucking hurt."
Harold, Battle of Hastings 1066 "Watch him he'll have some fucker's eye out"
Bill Clinton "I should have fucked her."

Lets go into further detail of the word fuck shall we?

Where have i seen/heard that before... George Carlin? It was someplace, I remember giving it to my college english professor when she overheard me mumble "I fucking hate this" LOL.

KeithClancy said:
I haven't warped or gated since the last patches. I doubt I will do it again. I still greatly enjoy EQ, and am content with my spiffy ingame map, docracks, and now speed cracks.

IMO for myself it just isn't worth it to try shared, warp, or /gate ... at least not yet ... i'd rather get a feel for how excessive the future changes and bannings will be.

thats ironic you feel safer with speed hacks than warps. speed hacks will still set off the time/distance traveled deltas.

i love your signature ( @ )( @ ), but i dont know too many people who trust peeps enough to '/g sec, need to load MQ2' lol

Well this thread has gone down hill.....

Please inform me if I am wrong but any reporting tools they may have created should be able to detect just about any crack. However, macros that don't use cracks should be affected right?

I mean without my arms tradeskilling is very hard without macros :).....

Macros are just accessability features for the game right :).

most macros dont use cracks at all, and you dont have to use them if you dont want to.

[qoute]i love your signature ( @ )( @ ), but i dont know too many people who trust peeps enough to '/g sec, need to load MQ2' lol[/quote]

It is actually more of a direct stab at SoE :D. No-one in their right mind would say that in group HAHA.

And while we are at it...

Only in the English dictionary does success come before ....... work

so as long as we work and SOE is success where is the fear ?

New Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back