• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New MQ2 user - small issue when following the starter guide setup. (1 Viewer)

Bholm

RedCents
419¢
Hey eveyone so i am trying to learn all these cool features one at a time.
So far ive been following the guide https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/multiboxing-everquest-the-red-guide-videos.1603/ and ive managed to load in 6 chars and use /bca to join a group accepy etc.
But for some odd reason when i try to use the 3 hotkeys "mimic me, follow me, come to me," they do nothing. Also dannet didnt work at all for some odd reason.

Is there one of you guys that would be bored enough to help with this 1 day? does not have to be right this min. We could always set a time on discord etc.
Just want to do 1 step at a time, to ensure i get the basic down before i buy the plugins etc. Thanks for the time and comments! <3

hello bholm,

the default setup for the mq2groupinfo buttons is for dannet

so you will need/want to get dannet working on your characters

> Dannet Instruction < these instructions include a link to a post with the most common things someone might need to adjust

Alternatively you can adjust the groupinfo buttons by changing the ini file > information on how to do that here <

also for note:
followme requires mq2advpath to be loaded on everyone
come to me requires mq2nav and meshs to be loaded on everyone

good luck!

Hey Sic thank you for letting me know the buttons are for dannet! now i can rest knowing i didnt scew that part up.
The thing is that i dont get any errors with dannet, it just does not work, i will try to see if i can get it working as i understand from the video dannet is what the cool kids use ;)

ps. I use NordVpn and as far as i can see it should not block local traffic, anyone else have issue with dannet and nordvpn ?

Hey Sic thank you for letting me know the buttons are for dannet! now i can rest knowing i didnt scew that part up.
The thing is that i dont get any errors with dannet, it just does not work, i will try to see if i can get it working as i understand from the video dannet is what the cool kids use ;)
yup, click the thing i linked above with the dannet information and instructions

Question - New MQ2 user - small issue when following the starter guide setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back