• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

New guy, Needs some Tutelage. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
131¢
Alright, i have checked you guys out in the past, but i have never done anything with macros. I would like to learn how to work within the scripts, but my programming knowledge is limited to spaghetti code basic from when i was a kid. I Basically just want to learn how to write the macros, and more importantly, how to read them. If someone would help me, i would love to write my progress down in the form of a macro tutorial, but i would really need someone to go through it with me once or twice. If anyone HAS a tutorial for macros, that would be great as well. My motivation, is that i want to write custom macros for my characters, different combos and stuff, basically, copy down my own techniques as a player, but in the form of a macro. i.e. i love using mark of karn and reverse DS with my cleric, and not healing all the time. since i have a cleric merc ON my cleric, it just makes sense to allow the merc to handle all the healing, and just spot heal when needed with the macro. With all of my characters, i love using my aa skills, and i would just like to know how to put my knowledge on play mechanics to use for others.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

I play on Torvonnilous... i mean... errm... Fennin Ro... or something, so msg me if you would like to help, or just post in response. thanks. i play, pretty much 24/7 due to being retired disabled marine. so, like, yeah.

The best suggestion would be to start using some of the macros already out there. If you're not versed in MQ2 usage, I would recommend staying away from the active stuff (warping, etc) until you're more experienced. There are some very stable and versatile macros that can do pretty much anything in the game, and vary in terms of user input (from minor "feed me" type macros to full fledged afk auto-pull). Most of the macros are designed to be easily customized. It would also help to get yourself an understanding of C++, as that's what macro/plugin code is based on.

New guy, Needs some Tutelage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back