• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New FTP Box Team (1 Viewer)

Dutch_SK

RedCents
1,703¢
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I played EQ and I thinking of starting a new fresh FTP Box team and I would like some feedback before I start running.

To start out I am gonna go max. 4 chars in my team, I might add more in the future, but probably not. So I was thinking CLR, WIZ, ENC and a TANK.

CLR is obvious or is SHM enough healing power for FTP content?
WIZ for DPS and Ports.
ENC for CC and DPS (ENC and WIZ still have good synergy?).
TANK is the only class I am not certain on yet, propably SHD since their agro is superb? Or would warrior be better?

Would love some input from ppl with experience.

Thanks in advance.

My part time FTP box team is war, dru, wiz, mage, enc with a spare slot for a merc which i flip between clr/wiz. I have a pal tank also that does ok, never tried an SK.

Dru has better adps for a caster group and war innate mitigation helps bridge the ac gap that FTP brings. I like having a mage air pet as backup melee/tank and the stun of course helps mitigate damage.

You can't beat a War/CLR combo. Clerics are still the only one with insta rez. So if the tank goes down in a fight, the cleric will quickly respond him and he can hobble though. Enchanter is a must, but I'm biased. I like the wiz for ports and DPS, but I keep a mage in the next slot For coh and if the tank did died then the pet takes over.

My 4 box team would probably be War, Enc, Druid, and mage. I'd run two wiz mercs on burn or one healer if the situation was dicy and for symbol.

My reasons: Warrior for the ease of use. The enc for pulling, slowing, buffs, and of course CC when needed. Druid for nuke healing, buffs, rez/call, and ports. Mage because the water pet and servants are like a pocket rogues, coh, and DPS.

A wiz fits nicely in the slot of the mage but honestly to lose buffs and coh for slight increase in dps isn't as worth it for me. And say you went down to a 2 box... Any of those can duo well with pet tanks. But just my thoughts!

Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Mage. . . I like bard ALOT but enchanter is so much better for afk box teams. Traveling is easy to do now so I don't worry about a Port. Its convenient but not too worried about it. If you want a 5th account make that a porter but you don't have to level it with you. . .do bone chips mac and use him for ports to PoK/Lobby. . .

Question - New FTP Box Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back