• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New EverQuest Perks (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,813¢
Pronouns
He/Him

The Nameless created these Perks during the time of the Dragons and we just found them! (We've been busy . . . really, really busy!) The Darkpaw clan is proud to present you with these long-lost Perks giving you the ability to make the most of your time in the realms of Norrath. We expect the caravan to arrive near the end of September.

Pick, choose, and stack any combination of these unique Perks to accompany your All Access Membership, and start your enhanced escapades today!

981.jpg
002.jpg
001.jpg
Adventurer's PerkChallenger's PerkMerchant's Perk
Become a mighty adventurer in the world of Norrath!Challenge the world of Norrath!Rise as one of the greatest merchants of Norrath!
  • Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
  • Loyalty vendors, such as Alerynril the Loyal, will provide a 10% discount on loyalty items.
  • Grants access to twelve-slot trader’s satchels.
  • Rake in 10% more coin from your kills.
  • Your mercenaries will gain experience 10% more quickly.
  • Enables an additional slot in your inventory.
  • Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids.
  • You won't lose a level when your character falls in battle.
  • Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.
*Chance bonus is multiplied by your base skill-up chance and is additive with any other chance bonuses. Chance bonus capped at 100%. If there are other chance bonuses in effect, this will only increase to a maximum of 100%.

Activate 1 Perk for $2.99/mo, 2 Perks for $3.99/mo, or all 3 Perks for $4.99/mo

the "enables an additional slot in inventory" is curious - and to Knightly's point - 11 slots? an uneven amount of slots ?!

I suspect adventurer's perk will get really popular for a month or two after new expansion launch. Extra multipliable exp is nice, but 10% more raid currency is going to draw in the min-maxxers.

Wow 2 extra slots. 🤨
would you say you're underwhelmed, or just "whelmed" definitely don't think you're overwhelmed lol

yeah these feel a bit "light". but at least none of them are "can't live without zomg you're forcing me to pay money"

like imagine zone progression unlocks, but by tier'd subscription $2.00 per month per zone or some nonsense - that'd be wild

It feels like these are just them testing the waters. I fully expect EQ to go hardcore paywall/pay2win/notworthplayinganymore within the next two years. The good news is now is the time for any of y'all with connections to start whispering ideas to the devs that will actually be worthwhile instead of what they have right now.

• multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
  • Loyalty vendors, such as Alerynril the Loyal, will provide a 10% discount on loyalty items.
  • Rake in 10% more coin from your

Adventurer's Perk is interesting (as someone who raids).

Really disappointing to see things like inventory slots locked behind monthly paywalls. Definitely brings them into the modern era of MMOs though.

Excited to see the no-deleveling get exploited though. Again, not excited about game mechanics being different for a price.

Going from 10 to 12 slots on trader satchel is nice if you use offline traders. That’s basically another inventory slot in itself. And then you add in the inventory slot from the perk for another dollar and I’m sure a lot of people will jump on board to get 2 additional inventory slots for their bazaar mule.

Course, all those just running F2P most of this doesn’t matter.

It’s also an interesting value proposition for people with lifetime accounts. Lifetime accounts were sold in Dec of 2018 for $300 which put the break even at around 2.5 years. Or about a June of this year. So those whose lifetime accounts are “paid off” might be enticed into paying a bit more on an ongoing basis for perks under the rationalization that it’s still less than they were paying for a monthly sub.

I think it’s a neat test. And, honestly, if the game went full on pay to win…sorta what MQ avoids for you regardless. Some of game design theory in that vein is loot crates (LDoN packs and Heritage Crates?) time locked tasks you can speed up with payment (Overseer) and of course perks.

But I’m an odd one. I think they should sell billboard space in Norrath if it keeps the game alive.

eq2 has some definitely p2w stuff - this stuff they added is definitely more catered to the eq1 kinda vibe - which is cool.

nothing real game breaking, but enticing to some folks in a way that can generate some more revenue without forcing people into things.

I think they'd have quite a bit of success with more transactional things, specifically decent looking ornamentations - but would likely need a full revamp to make it as awesome as it could be. "skins" and xmog are where its at. Even the curmudgeons of curmudgeons amongst us are like "ima put this dumb tophat/skull/mummyhat on my toon because i'm evilllll/badass/don'tmesswithme"

There were some rumors floating around that with a Luclin 2.0 expansion there would be a revamp to the bazaar. I guess with the trader satchels, seems like this is less likely. I will say, the limitations on how many items you can sell are pathetic and a measly +2 slots doesn't really make sense.... if you really have all that much stuff to sell, you'd just buy a krono for another account. The perk should have been selling out of your regular bags. Then you could basically sell as much as you wanted off your character. Maybe that's "too powerful" but come on man!

Didn't see this mentioned here yet - so ....

For a summary:
You can add 3 different perks for a couple of $$ to your account. One perk or all three is up to you.
Meant to be available somewhere near end of september.

Adventurer's PerkChallenger's PerkMerchant's Perk
Become a mighty adventurer in the world of Norrath!Challenge the world of Norrath!Rise as one of the greatest merchants of Norrath!
  • Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
  • Rake in 10% more coin from your kills.
  • Your mercenaries will gain experience 10% more quickly.
  • Enables an additional slot in your inventory.
  • Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids.
  • You won't lose a level when your character falls in battle.
  • Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.

*Chance bonus is multiplied by your base skill-up chance and is additive with any other chance bonuses. Chance bonus capped at 100%. If there are other chance bonuses in effect, this will only increase to a maximum of 100%.

Activate 1 Perk for $2.99/mo, 2 Perks for $3.99/mo, or all 3 Perks for $4.99/mo

Nothing really that can't already be bought through the marketplace as exp potions, buying a krono to trade for raid gear/currency (on fv anyway) or just rolling another account for extra bag space or another bazaar mule.

My first reaction was omfg this is the end but it's probably not gonna have much impact, just something else to charge the whales for.

Maybe this will distract the EQ forum warrior purists and give them something to complain about other than boxers using an enhanced client to do boxer type things while minding their own business.

lol that lore tie in though. It's the Darkpaw clan's fault !!!

"The Nameless created these Perks during the time of the Dragons and we just found them! (We've been busy . . . really, really busy!) The Darkpaw clan is proud to present you with these long-lost Perks giving you the ability to make the most of your time in the realms of Norrath. We expect the caravan to arrive near the end of September."

I’m ok with this, as long as they produce a quality expansion. They have had 18 months to acclimate to pandemic working conditions and have had time to onboard new team members blah blah… I just want to see *new content.

I’m ok with this, as long as they produce a quality expansion. They have had 18 months to acclimate to pandemic working conditions and have had time to onboard new team members blah blah… I just want to see *new content.

dont hold your breath

My first reaction was omfg this is the end but it's probably not gonna have much impact, just something else to charge the whales for.
my problem with this is that this is just the start, next month who knows. A feeling of dread opening the db forums in the sense of what am I now going to have to pay extra for.

Regarding “the Darkpaw clan” that’s a reference to “Darkpaw games.”

As for a new bazaar mule, to do offline trading that’s $10 per month versus $4.00 for selling 24 extra items. So my point was, unless you have a whole trader’s worth of items this might entice some people.

Regardless, you don’t “have” to pay extra for anything. Technically this same argument could be made for overseer. Feeling like you “have” to pay for speeding up quest completion. The flip side of that is…if it’s not worth it to you, just don’t buy it.

It feels like these are just them testing the waters. I fully expect EQ to go hardcore paywall/pay2win/notworthplayinganymore within the next two years. The good news is now is the time for any of y'all with connections to start whispering ideas to the devs that will actually be worthwhile instead of what they have right now.
This is what I was thinking, this feels like they are doing exactly that. Enad Global takeover is going to be more concerned with money but maybe they listened to reason and didn't just go hardcore pay to win right out of the gate.

They updated it to two slots!
  • Enables two additional slots in your inventory.

News - New EverQuest Perks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back