• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New EQ TLP Announced for May 26, 2021 (they changed it to truebox :( ) (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,813¢
Pronouns
He/Him

Hail, Norrathians! Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane has gotten all tangled up in our servers and after all the time it took to get him out he left a gift for everyone. Mischief is our new Time-Locked Progression server and we're launching on May 26! So sharpen your blades and prepare your minds, it's time to enter Norrath anew!

Mischief will be a new way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game and adding our own twist (inspired by that deviously, fun-loving God of Tricks). The Mischief Random Loot Progression Server will begin with access to the original zones that were available at launch and will gradually add expansions first Classic will run a month, and then subsequent expansions will be opened in a specified cadence later (check out more info on the cadence below!)

Need to know what to expect on Mischief?

Mischief Ruleset
-

Mangler XP Progression

Agents of Change
Enabled

Pick Zones Enabled

Free Trade Enabled

Random Loot Enabled

• The Mischief server is a new experimental server that randomizes loot.
  • Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
  • Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
  • We may add other special case randomization.
  • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning
Unlock Cadence:

• Expansions:
    • 1 month Classic
    • 2 month Kunark
  • 2/3 month regular release cadence
    • 2 months for no level increase
    • 3 months for level increase
  • Exception: LDoN will only be one month

By playing on Mischief you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unattended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Mischief associated accounts.

To play on the Mischief server when it launches, all you'll need is an All Access Membership. You can discover all of the perks of being an All Access Member and sign up here!

We're also excited to announce in the May update before we launch Mischief we'll be adding a new feature to EverQuest, Item Comparison!

941.png

961.png

Last edited:
randomized loot is cool in theory

FV TLP is fucking boxing heaven --- they kinda said they'd never do this. I expect them had have GIGA gm presence due to the amount of tickets that the Free trade ruleset gives them

looks like they changed their mind after posting.

Last edited:
Don't touch that server with a 10 foot pole if you ever ran mq2 on an account.

Absolutely No Automated/Unattended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Mischief associated accounts.

Last edited:
Too bad. A server with the same ruleset as this without truebox could be a lot of fun.

Hopefully they decide to do a 2nd one without truebox like they did with Rizlona

Yeah, I probably should have quoted the other part of jande's message. I just hit reply and didn't look at what it grabbed.

Just saying that same addendum to the ToS exists for both Aradune and Rizlona, do with that information what you will: https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-rizlona-aradune-progression-server-launch-2020

We knew they were likely going back to Truebox after throwing us a bone, but it would be nice if they did two servers again. Probably would have gotten me to spend more money on bags.

I am curious what people's strategies will be though. I feel like areas with high consolidation and frequency of named spawns become better now. It's an interesting puzzle.

I am curious what people's strategies will be though. I feel like areas with high consolidation and frequency of named spawns become better now. It's an interesting puzzle.

Zaide's stream on it was pretty great.

Starts at about 8m 30s.

Hard to watch that and not be kind of excited.

Cool idea, I guess the thinking is that people will go to more unused zones as there won't be as much competition and they can get the same shiny loot.

Truebox means I'm out anyway

Will be an interesting experiment anyways, no doubt there will be a lot of anomolies

i still dont see anywhere where they said it is or isnt truebox, and as much as i hate FV rules as a live server(the effect on the economy gamewide mainly) it could be fun on a tlp, and random loot...and ive never had an interest in playing a tlp but i also wouldnt mind starting one at the start to try to farm kronos lol. Wonder if the standard "enchanters rule the world" thing is still applicable? idk how that does or doesnt work but i dont really wanna play an enchanter to get ahead either lol. I dont exactly know what does and does not constitute truebox anyway since it goes in one ear(/eye) and out the other everytime i do read it lol. either truebox IS limited or it's NOT, and it's either limited to 2 on ONLY the same machine, or it's limited to ONLY on different machines. I think it's limited to 2 accounts each on a separate machine, is that correct? Also- how do they deal with that exactly? I mean different machines have different IPs, period, theres no way to tell whether these 2 are this person and these 2 are that person in a given household (i do have a feeling the middleaged renfest groupie sisterinlaw might be interested- if she ever went gold) I know i could go look it up (though the last few times i did- and forgot after- it took more digging than it should have lol, and im only sitting here to take my morning drugs so i clicked "What's New" and here i am, distracted :)

Sic's post shows the update where they added Truebox: Enabled to the server announcement.

And unless you circumvent it, the client will not allow you to sign in 2 clients into that server at the same time from the same machine. And if you have input matching in time close enough it kicks you out of the game. Legitimate 'trueboxers' have to learn to slow their dps spam or they will get kicked for hitting buttons on two keyboards at the same time too fast.

It looks like for count, there has been no mention of a limit of 2 or anything.. the number of pcs you can run is the number of characters you can have.

People exploit that keypress issue sometimes too. I remember before I figured out what was going on, I had 3 boxes and was hitting keys on two of them at the same time (Phinny I think) and got dropped while fighting a named. Came back and found that it was a complete disconnect that booted you from the world and not a linkdead style thing so the named was back in place and my team was fine...completely not engaged. Healed up and started again, dropped myself again, realized what was going on, then "Oh, wow." And of course right after that "People are going to exploit this."

I don't play on Truebox anymore (obviously, considering I use MQ and don't support MQ on Truebox) but sometimes it's fun to go back and play around for a bit with the "rush" of people, even without MQ.

i still dont see anywhere where they said it is or isnt truebox, and as much as i hate FV rules as a live server(the effect on the economy gamewide mainly) it could be fun on a tlp, and random loot...and ive never had an interest in playing a tlp but i also wouldnt mind starting one at the start to try to farm kronos lol. Wonder if the standard "enchanters rule the world" thing is still applicable? idk how that does or doesnt work but i dont really wanna play an enchanter to get ahead either lol. I dont exactly know what does and does not constitute truebox anyway since it goes in one ear(/eye) and out the other everytime i do read it lol. either truebox IS limited or it's NOT, and it's either limited to 2 on ONLY the same machine, or it's limited to ONLY on different machines. I think it's limited to 2 accounts each on a separate machine, is that correct? Also- how do they deal with that exactly? I mean different machines have different IPs, period, theres no way to tell whether these 2 are this person and these 2 are that person in a given household (i do have a feeling the middleaged renfest groupie sisterinlaw might be interested- if she ever went gold) I know i could go look it up (though the last few times i did- and forgot after- it took more digging than it should have lol, and im only sitting here to take my morning drugs so i clicked "What's New" and here i am, distracted :)
it is literally in the posts i made.

at first it didn't have truebox - then they updated the page a few minutes later.

Since there are a lot more rare spawns than just the known ones everyone calls named and they're definitely a lot more than what shows in the hunter achievement this is going to break some peoples brains for sure. I'm sure that there's going to be some hurt feelings in later expansions when things like AC augs start being offered for trade in /general

So do they put the line about not using automated stuff on every progression server and its just there to be there, or do they put it where they are more strict about using things like MQ? I would really like to play on this server with a buddy of mine but I wanna use MQ even if I run one toon.

So do they put the line about not using automated stuff on every progression server and its just there to be there, or do they put it where they are more strict about using things like MQ? I would really like to play on this server with a buddy of mine but I wanna use MQ even if I run one toon.

I too would play if MQ2 is allowed even if I cant box. The QOL that MQ2 provides is the only reason I play at all.

MQ still isn't supported on Truebox servers. That note regarding the extra Terms of Service is on Aradune, Rizlona, and (now) Mischief.

Sic's post shows the update where they added Truebox: Enabled to the server announcement.

And unless you circumvent it, the client will not allow you to sign in 2 clients into that server at the same time from the same machine. And if you have input matching in time close enough it kicks you out of the game. Legitimate 'trueboxers' have to learn to slow their dps spam or they will get kicked for hitting buttons on two keyboards at the same time too fast.

It looks like for count, there has been no mention of a limit of 2 or anything.. the number of pcs you can run is the number of characters you can have.
well thats why i was asking because i have always had a computer each til i added my rogues (and they dont get loaded without cwtn, but everyone else does and did forever) so that's not an issue. Thanks for clearing it up, so it just means cant box but hydras fine. Anyone ever asked what if you have someone in on a truebox and wanna log in on a live? just curious, like traders or playing with one while waiting for people to show on the other etc. Always wondered about that.

it is literally in the posts i made.

at first it didn't have truebox - then they updated the page a few minutes later.
im sorry i am literally blind. but its really sneaky that they wedged it bbetween stuff in a list instead of announcing it specifically (thats what i was looking for, a mention IN what they said, but my eyes was jsut looking at enableds and disableds they didnt pick out the change in list itself) and there shouldve been a mention in the "by playing on mischief you agree to" blah blah, they said no afk OR automation, but nothing about boxing which is weird. youd think that would be something they want everyone to know from the getgo. tradeable loot, random loot..whatever. it's just what happens, but truebox can result in bans forever JUST like they sayd about afk/automation, so why not list it there? Sneaky shits.

I really don't understand truebox really. If I play 6 toons on 6 different computers... truebox or no.... I mean with no isboxer or mq? I mean, who would want to, but I used to LOL.

Fuck yes. New dev blood, some pushing of new concepts on TLPs and new experiences in EQ. CS issues aside, this is great for EQ. Experimentation.

Always wanted to explore under utilized zones because the loot wasn't good enough? Well well well...

Fuck yes. New dev blood, some pushing of new concepts on TLPs and new experiences in EQ. CS issues aside, this is great for EQ. Experimentation.

Always wanted to explore under utilized zones because the loot wasn't good enough? Well well well...
I'm still not playing on that server.... sounds like a trap! I'm down with new concepts, but I think new devs might want to take a few minutes and actually play the game. I mean taking the same shit and tossing it out over and over worked for McDonalds but... nm....
Carry on.

Since they've been there a few months, I don't expect more than the ability to draw from a new loot table based on level, era, and difficulty. Even that is a good step forward towards "new". They could only recycle so many times without actually changing the game itself with TLPs.

Seeing any kind of new life from DPG is nice.

I can definitely sympathize with people not wanting to jump in though.

Just as a clarification here, I'm assuming that if I have two computers and just want to use MQ on a true box server it still won't let you login as soon as it tries to hook in on a TB server correct? I have no problem with only using one EQ per computer, but as others have stated having the MQ does make the game QOL so much better. I wouldn't mind doing just two chars with MQ on the new server assuming that's even possible.

And now DW just updated the launch post with

EDIT - We will now be launching Thornblade simultaneously with Mischief!
yeah Thornblade is the overflow server for Mischief. so unfortunately its not a rizlona/aradune situation - its an aradune/aradune2 sitch :(

News - New EQ TLP Announced for May 26, 2021 (they changed it to truebox :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back