• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New comp for TBC?? (1 Viewer)

Lesson25

RedCents
So, my current machine is 3.5 years old w/ decent stats for when it was purchased--like, 2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, etc. It plays World of Warcraft OK: ~20 FPS at 1024x768 res & most of the parameters at "normal" levels. Things where there were a crapload of ppl in a small space--e.g., the BWL suppression rooms--were a pain, but manageable, plus I don't think I'll be doing much 40-man content anymore. Also I can't run FRAPS without dropping to 5 FPS--that annoys me, but it's not the end of the world. And Blizzard has stated that next week's expansion pack won't impact performance any more significantly than the current core. So, this machine should be perfectly fine. & heaven knows WoW is the most stressful thing I run on my computer by far--it's not like Internet Explorer or MS Word or AIM need much to run. So, realistically, there's no real reason for me to get a new computer just for this expansion. Right? Right??

So yeah, I really want to get a new computer to play TBC on.

I would upgrade. You'll feel like a little boy on christmas day when you get those packages in the mail from Newegg

I have been half assed working on building a new box to game on but every time I get paid I either find myself impulse buying other toys or actually having to spend money on things like fixing my damned truck or buying people xmas gifts or something evil like that. Of course the box I want to build is going to make my wallet cry and cry and it's hard to accumulate that much cash at once for me. I am so bad with money~

buy new stuff

Think of all the time you will spend playing it and staring at that screen you might as well buy a new comp so you can appreciate your hobby in all its glory and feel smug about all the people with lesser rigs than you.

yes think of those two weeks that you will feel like the king of the computing world before they release the +1 version of every component you just bought.

like that time you got a new laptop with a agp radeon 9800 pro and two weeks later you find out about pci-express and you punched a hole in refrigerator and broke eggs, the mayonaise jar, and glass pitcher of tang.

New comp for TBC??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back