• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New Beginning (1 Viewer)

Moonie

RedCents
270¢
Hello redguides!,
I recently started up on EQ again after a long break, and i decided to start on the test server for a change. And i'm really happy i went there with such a nice community.
I ended up playing a SK, DRU and BRD. No idea if thats a viable group, but its working so far. I really enjoy the whole progression part, and its kinda hard to do solo, and playing a group with alt tabbing between screens, can be quite daunting.
So that is why i'm here, to see if this program can help me out :)

SK DRU BRD is a really great group until the higher levels. Then the DRU heals may start to let your down. Before you level them up too much - why not add another 3 toons right from the start.
ROG ZERK MAG, or ZERK ZERK BST or SHM NEC MAG....haha just go crazy and make a fun group. If you are not racing to the most current content - then a fun group is better than a max dps grp.

I was thinking of adding 3 more to the group, but i was curious what would be best.
As you are saying, druids heal will run out in higher levels.
Shouldnt i add another form of healer? even a cleric?. I was thinking MAG/CLR/ZERK for the last spots, but maybe shaman would be better so it was DRU/SHM to heal the group

you have the bases covered, tank, heal, cc. if your looking to optimize, dru are good for casters groups, brds are great for melee groups, good for caster. you could throw 2 mages and a shaman in that group, be highly effective. 2 mages and a bst if you want to live on the edge (until AAs and gear are up on druid). on the other hand, could go with 2 zerkers and a bst, rogue, zerker and a bst, or swap out the bst on those combos for a shaman. ton of options, non wrong or right.

Family Fam GIF by Paramount Network

Maybe i will try this SK, DRU, SHM, BRD and 2 zerk kinda deal :)

Lot of ovlerap in dru/shm. Switching out one for BST or another dps would probably play a bit better. I run a lot of combos I can’t think of a scenario where I’d want to run two healers - not these days.

Edit - unless it’s for fun. That’s different.

welcome to RG and welcome to test! i too play on test and love it! i run war/bst/shm/zerk/zerk/brd started out with three than around 60 realized i wanted more i would def suggest filling out the group to 6 as its free on test so why not take advantage! i find the shm keeps everyone decently healed. the bst can patch heal and the added dps buffs from him dont hurt either! the utility if your druid right now is great but again will slow down in the heals dept as you get higher in levels

Welcome to RG!

Good fun group with what you have would be...

SK, Druid, Bard, BST, Necro, Mage would be really fun with all of the pets. once you get higher level for end content, swap the druid for a SHM :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome and tips for a group.
Right now i'm too lazy to start anything else up than what i mentioned.
Maybe when i reach the higher levels i will see that i wont need the druid or it will be fun to have something else, we'll see ;)

Maybe i will try this SK, DRU, SHM, BRD and 2 zerk kinda deal :)
actually the dru and bard can boost either melee OR casters. so
your SK,Dru, Shm, Brd, 2x Zerk is viable
BUTTTT>>>>
so is
Sk, Dru, Shm, Brd, 2x Mage as dru debuffs and dots and nukes work well with mages, Shm dots/nukes work good as well and bard can be setup to twist caster songs

IRL - New Beginning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back