• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New at this (1 Viewer)

Khorrd

RedCents
180Ā¢
Hello all. I have just been introduced to this. I was grouping with a guy that pointed me to this forum.. I am very interested in it.. but I would like a trial period.. I am currently playing on test. Is this an option or should I go ahead with the 9.95? Thank you for your time.

As a level 2, using all of your redcent reacts each day also gives you 4 redcents (And, rewards redcents to the recipient(s)). This means if you follow the forums and react every day, but never post ever again, you can actually maintain your level 2.

That said, if you actively post and are helpful, people tend to reward that regularly with their own redcent reacts. I've been here for less than a month and am not super active on the forums and can easily maintain my account for the next several months. My only point being, if you're nice, helpful, and (kinda) active, you will be able to stay level 2 from here on out. (That said, it's absolutely worthy the 9.95 if you don't, but you've got a month to see that for yourself)

Checkout Redbot and Sic's videos on their respective youtube accounts to get you rolling in the right direction. Also, IHCmerc is really amazing for something that 'just works' to get you started.

Last edited:
I am also new to Redguides and a returning player from 2003 everquest! I was wondering if there are certain links/forums I should search for that will also help me transition into all of this as I have never multi-boxed before. Thank you!

I am also new to Redguides and a returning player from 2003 everquest! I was wondering if there are certain links/forums I should search for that will also help me transition into all of this as I have never multi-boxed before. Thank you!
Gave you a lvl2 to get you started! Enjoy =)

Here is a good start!

Welcome aboard Khorrd and Starkryo! Watch the videos, read some posts, and poke around. Consider how overwhelming EQ would be right now as a brand new player. MQ2 can feel that way too (at least for me). Start with young toons in easy zones so you can get better at pulling/moving/etc. youā€™ll need to adjust your .ini files to fit your play style. Ask questions! For about 20 levels I couldnā€™t get my zerkers to assist. I could not figure out what was causing the challenge. It ended up being because I hadnā€™t bought a tome the .ini file was looking for. I got it and itā€™s been blazes ever since. Now that Iā€™m progressing Iā€™m going to switch the toon I manage to see if I can make it work even better.

Watch the videos! I watched them a few times and that helped a lot. Post your questions. The community here is active and knowledgeable. Read other posts. Sometimes you discover things that can be done that you didnā€™t Even know was a thing. Chase On/Off was that for me.

good luck and see you round the boards!

Welcome aboard Khorrd and Starkryo! Watch the videos, read some posts, and poke around. Consider how overwhelming EQ would be right now as a brand new player. MQ2 can feel that way too (at least for me). Start with young toons in easy zones so you can get better at pulling/moving/etc. youā€™ll need to adjust your .ini files to fit your play style. Ask questions! For about 20 levels I couldnā€™t get my zerkers to assist. I could not figure out what was causing the challenge. It ended up being because I hadnā€™t bought a tome the .ini file was looking for. I got it and itā€™s been blazes ever since. Now that Iā€™m progressing Iā€™m going to switch the toon I manage to see if I can make it work even better.

Watch the videos! I watched them a few times and that helped a lot. Post your questions. The community here is active and knowledgeable. Read other posts. Sometimes you discover things that can be done that you didnā€™t Even know was a thing. Chase On/Off was that for me.

good luck and see you round the boards!
As a level 2, using all of your redcent reacts each day also gives you 4 redcents (And, rewards redcents to the recipient(s)). This means if you follow the forums and react every day, but never post ever again, you can actually maintain your level 2.

That said, if you actively post and are helpful, people tend to reward that regularly with their own redcent reacts. I've been here for less than a month and am not super active on the forums and can easily maintain my account for the next several months. My only point being, if you're nice, helpful, and (kinda) active, you will be able to stay level 2 from here on out. (That said, it's absolutely worthy the 9.95 if you don't, but you've got a month to see that for yourself)

Checkout Redbot and Sic's videos on their respective youtube accounts to get you rolling in the right direction. Also, IHCmerc is really amazing for something that 'just works' to get you started.

I have been on this for a few days.. and I have to say.. after a bit of a learning curve.. it is awesome stuff.. and there is much much more that I have to learn to get a different setup.. but hey.. its all fun and games :) Thank you all for your assistance.

I have been on this for a few days.. and I have to say.. after a bit of a learning curve.. it is awesome stuff.. and there is much much more that I have to learn to get a different setup.. but hey.. its all fun and games :) Thank you all for your assistance.
the things you couldnt do before without alot of friends... progression, questing, items... its a blast to be able to do things whenever you have the time..
Oh... yeah.. I can do that now
Loving it!

Multiboxed on Live, manually, now I play on a Emu that incorporates MQ2. Life Changing. Slowly getting used to working with macros and EQBCS (this is amazing). Found Redguides previously but also directly by someone the emu server. Been watching videos and cannot wait to start using it (and learning to make own macros/etc as well)

Looking forward to contributing and helping those in need as well.

It has truly opened up another part of the game for which I was unable to enjoy. So I agree this has been a huge eye opener and a boon in the amount of fun I can have now.

Hey, welcome aboard. Like yourself, I'm relatively new, as well. Still in my first month of level 2 access.

From what I have seen, MQ2EQWire and MuleAssist have been fantastic plugins for my needs. The MQ2EQWire dramatically reduces the amount of computer resources your background boxes consume. As for MuleAssist, I have found it super easy to jump into fresh due to the in-game UI for managing your boxes' automatic behaviours. I, personally, have not found a good 'ini' editing tutorial to understand what everything means, but the MuleAssist UI just makes it all seem obvious.

I hope you have fun.

Question - New at this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back