• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

nerfed taskadds (1 Viewer)

RedCents
271¢
Experience rewards from House of Thule tasks and missions are going to be modified, as will the method that experience is rewarded in group tasks.

These changes are set to take effect on November 15:

As many of you are aware, Tasks and Missions represent one of the most rewarding ways of obtaining experience in EverQuest. As of November 15, there will be some changes to these systems that we feel you should be aware of.

Currently Tasks and Missions in House of Thule reward extremely large amounts of experience with very little restriction. These Tasks and Missions had their experience calculated based on a formula that used the amount of experience required to gain a level, not the amount of experience earned from defeating a mob. Unfortunately with the amount of experience required to gain levels continually increasing this led to a situation in which Tasks and Missions gave experience significantly more than they should have.

Group Missions also had an issue, in that they gave full rewards to anyone who was added to the task, regardless of whether or not that person participated at all in the mission.

On November 15th, with the launch of Veil of Alaris, we will be addressing both of these issues. We wanted to make sure to give all of you plenty of notice so that you can take appropriate action and receive the rewards you have already earned. These changes will affect tasks in House of Thule and Veil of Alaris and are as follows:

•Experience Rewards
◦For group tasks not in instanced zones, experience will be awarded to all group members within 300' of the final step in the Task. This is usually a Hail or Delivery, and in the few cases where a Task ended on killing a NPC these tasks will receive an additional step.
◦For group Tasks in an instanced mission, Task experience will be handed out upon opening of the chest. Experience will be shared with group members within 300' of the chest.
◦Characters will need to be living at the time experience is awarded, please make sure to resurrect anyone in the party who may have met an untimely end before you trigger the experience award.
•Other Rewards
All rewards other than experience including progression flags, coin, and any items will be shared as they always have been. No changes to rewards other than experience are being implemented.
•House of Thule Experience Changes
◦As stated above, House of Thule Tasks (solo and group) are currently awarding too much experience. Experience for House of Thule Tasks will be reduced by approximately 50%.
Given these changes we highly recommend claiming any unclaimed Task rewards before November 15. If you claim previously completed Tasks after November 15, your awards will be affected in the following ways:

•Previously completed Solo Tasks will receive the modified experience rewards.
•Previously completed Group Tasks will receive no experience reward, as the Task Rewards will have been significantly modified.
These changes are being made for the long term health of the game. Please understand that we did not make these changes lightly, but only after significant consideration including a variety of methods to address these issues. Ultimately we picked this method of restricted experience rewards as it was the least invasive and exploitable of all possible options. For most players this should provide very little difference in day to day play of EverQuest, and we appreciate your understanding in the matter.

I saved 10 task rewards on 7 accounts for ntohing how lame.
kinda sucks for the people that pay for their subs with task adds.

For those that do not know this, Gihbra #4 and #5 tasks in Volska's Husk give around 4AA at level 90 w/7k aa's already. The other one in UF is Bonfire of the Adherents (Group task) that also gives 4 AA or so. Not sure of any others, but I'll post them if I find some.

I don't like have to redo all my saved either, but I'm glad they gave us 2 weeks notice, instead of how they did it with the saved OMM's last time.

We don't really think anything through when developing these systems and algorithms, so yet again we're going to be punishing you, the non-idiot player who is able to evaluate RvR intelligently. Please keep paying for our continued incompetance and shovelware.

--SOE

Yea TA nerf sucks, but expected. I now need to find a way to make enough plat to pay for all my boxes lol... My wife would kill me if I shelled out 45 bucks a month for a 12 year old game.

I was really hoping to not have them nerfed... I never got the ability to request UF tasks, my guild just req/pushed me through it so me and my buddies all have no UF requestability. I started on it a while back but decided to give up for a bit because of the anniversary events etc. Then beta came out and I just forgot about it. Now this.. fuck sony. They also said something about nerfing xp on corpses so no killing yourself, xping back to 90 then logging in the day of the expansion release and EXP recovering.. they really thought this through so people will have a hard time getting 95 instead of zipping right up to it. They also nerfed AA's in that there's a new quest or some heritage shit we have to do to be able to buy higher ranks of AA's and certain new AAs. They're aggressively putting to bed the XPhoarding/Hardcore grind mentality. I hope they make EQ free soon like EQ2... This will probably drive away some customers but hopefully not enough to kill the game.

I was really hoping to not have them nerfed... I never got the ability to request UF tasks, my guild just req/pushed me through it so me and my buddies all have no UF requestability. I started on it a while back but decided to give up for a bit because of the anniversary events etc. Then beta came out and I just forgot about it. Now this.. fuck sony. They also said something about nerfing xp on corpses so no killing yourself, xping back to 90 then logging in the day of the expansion release and EXP recovering.. they really thought this through so people will have a hard time getting 95 instead of zipping right up to it. They also nerfed AA's in that there's a new quest or some heritage shit we have to do to be able to buy higher ranks of AA's and certain new AAs. They're aggressively putting to bed the XPhoarding/Hardcore grind mentality. I hope they make EQ free soon like EQ2... This will probably drive away some customers but hopefully not enough to kill the game.

I'm pretty sure you misinformed about almost all your points. Let me recap to make sure I understand.

1. TAs were nerfed by having a 300 unit distance requirement to chest for EXP only, flags can still be given out with no distance or zone requirement.
  2. Exp given in HoT TAs were reduced by 50%
  3. VoA AAs are scaled up considerably per rank (Upwards of 10 AA a rank in beta)
  4. VoA AAs are purchased using Language Faction [75 for advanced, nothing for basic]

Hope this clears things up for you. The nerf wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just kills the market for selling TAs in guild lobby and hardcore grinding before expansion release.

Note: I wasn't aware they nerfed the EXP recovery from corpses, I was planning to kill myself a bunch right before expansion comes out, claiming all my banked group missions and profit! However, if they nerfed that as well, I will just say oh well and run my afk macro to 95 lol.

task adds are still easyily sellable all you will have to do now is actually run to the instance before they open the chest.... more work for the people buying then anything

You have to run your toon(s) to the instance, then close to the chest, and you get half the xp reward. Really doubt most people would even bother buying now unless they need that particular progression flag.

Only Hot Task adds are being nerfed im sure people will quickly being selling task adds to the new expansions. Thats the history of selling Taskadds first it was OMM then they were nerfed then people sold underfoot then hot now it will be VoA

nerfed taskadds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back