• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

need help on account !!! (1 Viewer)

cofe

RedCents
I got an account from a friend like 5 years ago....therefore I am not the original user of the account....!!!! However, somehow my account got hacked, and the person changed the password....is there a way that I can get my account back? (i am not the original user, therefore Sony wouldn't help me) :mad:

Standardemail frpm SOE Supportcenter:
Name
Serial Key from all expansion
Creditcard with was used to activate the account
All names from billing including adress
birthdate

thats needed. Maybe sometimes you got luck and if is something missed but the rest is there you get help.
But i think you will dont get it back. But one question you said hacked you dont have a security question ?

Are you sure the first owner didnt take it back? You would have seen hacking the password coming. When you log in it would tell you 974,292 failed attempts before your sucessful login. If you havent been seeing messages like that than only someone with the secret password and other owner information could have changed the password in one try.

Yup Keentak is right. A freind in my guild had his account "hacked". Turned out the origanal owner got the account back, then resold the account. lol. There is some A-holes out there for sure. Well anyways the guy that bought the account from the origanal owner got some greif from us in guild for a while but he wouldnt give it back... I wouldnt either if i paid 500 bucks for an account. We deguilded him (of course) and went on our way.
Well, bout 6 months later i see the guy so i appologize for being a d!$%. He said he just got the account and didnt know what i was talking about. So anyways long story short, looks like this guy has prolly sold his account like 4+ times (hmmm $2000 dollars). Just got to hope the guy is legit

I had an account stolen back. Bought a 70 bard with 130AA and some ele ger. Was flagged Time and Qvic, but it was somebodies alt so the gear was mostly crap. I took him to over 600AAs, Anguish flagged and 10khp. Then one day I can't login. The guy had reported t hacked and taken it back. I tried calling sony to tell them. I knew I wouldn't get the account back, but I wanted to get it banned. I even told them I macroed 500AAs on it, but they said since I couldn't prove I bought the account and didn't hack it, and since the original owner hadn't done the macroing, they didn't care.

Don't tell them "you" used mq2. Tell tell you saw him popping around or doing something that you know you did do. If they check the logs they will see it happened. Odds are someone who steals his account back would also be using hacks and getting the account on a watch list would almost guarantee a ban...

You should also put that toon on your friends list so you know when its on. Also with eqplayers you can see the last time a toon was played even if you do not own it. Watch playerauction and ebay for a toon of your class/level on your server going up for auction. Contact the person selling him and tell him you need to see toon in game before bidding. If it is your old toon bid more than toon is worth. Then tell the person you need need a physical address or a land based phone number to contact him to so you can verify that he is who he says he is. If he gives you this info you have a way for the police to contact him. If he does not then you can contact ebay/playersauction and they can give you the contact information that they have(they will not do this unless you win the bid and their is a dispute). It is alot easier to cause someone grief outside of the SOE system than it is in it.

need help on account !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back