• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need a little help please (1 Viewer)

Huttwin

RedCents
73¢
Hi guys. Brand new MQ2/KA user here. I've been reading and looking at completed .ini files to try and create my own for my play style. Been a success so far but I have a question. I'm boxing 66 druid, 64 enchanter, 60 Warrior, 52 berserker, 52 Shaman with a 66 heals merc (A5). Everything is working well except the enchanter keeps pulling aggro (casting Tash and Crip, Sham is slowing) I've tried tweaking the .ini for the enchanter but he still draws aggro really early. I'm in PoInov right now so it's not a huge issue but I'm afraid once I start moving into higher areas he's going to get dead real quick. Any tips or tricks you can share please.

I set it as low as 60 at one point just fooling around and still drawing aggro. I assumed I'd have to get the warrior better geared/better AA'd but thought I'd see if anyone had an .ini tweak that might help. The biggest problem is the initial tash, then the second problem is the cripple. I don't think it's really helpful to tash and cripple when the mob is already below 50% (in PoInov) All the mobs are light blue to the enchanter, maybe the odd dark blue. Was just trying to PL the 2 lvl 52's a bit in some easy content and noticed the issue.

Hi ... I am new here as well but from what folks have said to me and what I have read maybe setting your tash to go off at say npc health 90 instead of 99 would give your tank a chance to get agro onto him.... Or you could find out the general level of the mobs in the area and use the spell for that level. One thing I have found out is with casters its always better to wait a bit and let the tank get a little beat up before helping.. (Tanks don't feel right unless they get hit some)... but that is an idea for you to think about.

Aggro gets easier at higher levels. Tanks get a lot of +% aggro modifiers and many, many ways to generate instant aggro.

Can you share your ini files for your ench and war? On the warrior you want to make sure you're using the [Aggro] section.

Do you have an aggro proc weapon for the warrior?

Hi ... I am new here as well but from what folks have said to me and what I have read maybe setting your tash to go off at say npc health 90 instead of 99 would give your tank a chance to get agro onto him.... Or you could find out the general level of the mobs in the area and use the spell for that level. One thing I have found out is with casters its always better to wait a bit and let the tank get a little beat up before helping.. (Tanks don't feel right unless they get hit some)... but that is an idea for you to think about.

I had it go off as low as 60 health % just fooling around with the ini a bit and was still pulling aggro. I am using a fairly high level tash spell so I'm assuming that might be the case. When I get a chance I'll try and use a lower level tash and see if that changes it. I should have guessed that, if a Wiz nuked with a level 70 spell compared to nuking with a level 40 spell he'd draw more aggro. Wasn't thinking about that side of it, a higher level tash will draw more than a lower level, it just doesn't show it easily like a nuke where you can actually see the possible damage numbers on the spell description. I haven't played EQ in about 15 years, I heard it was F2P now and had all my old account info so thought I'd give it a try. Brings back a lot of memories.

Aggro gets easier at higher levels. Tanks get a lot of +% aggro modifiers and many, many ways to generate instant aggro.

Can you share your ini files for your ench and war? On the warrior you want to make sure you're using the [Aggro] section.

Do you have an aggro proc weapon for the warrior?

The only aggro abilities I have on the warrior ATM is taunt, bellow and provoke. Didn't really AA him yet, was trying to get him to 60. I've not played in some time so you could say I'm almost back to nube status. I think I stopped playing during OoW because I can remember doing a few Wall of Slaughter camp nights but nothing after that. I only got one character to level 65 back then. If I have problems after I try the lower level tash I'll see if I can upload the ini files

If you are subbed and have auto grant on for aa than it will get easier as you go to hold aggro. If you are not subbed you'll have a tough time even tanking at higher levels with little to no aa.

get your "blades" disc at the very minimum plus a weapon proc like a heal or rune. starter augments are in crescent reach second floor. they have a heal and a heal over time there. get both and use 2 weapons until 80+. those augs go to 50 I think, get the 50 version

get your "blades" disc at the very minimum plus a weapon proc like a heal or rune. starter augments are in crescent reach second floor. they have a heal and a heal over time there. get both and use 2 weapons until 80+. those augs go to 50 I think, get the 50 version
Thank you for that tip. With the augs, the proc AA, the lower level tash and the subtlety casting AA, the enchanter only pulls aggro very occasionally. The druid pulls aggro more often now trying to snare usually on a resist x 2

Question - Need a little help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back