• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Nav Target on Map (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,463¢
Not sure where to put this question. But, when going to a zone I am not familiar with, and I want to navigate to an NPC in the zone, what is the best way to do it IF they don't show up in the Find window? I at first thought to /target the NPC by name and /nav target, but thought that to be a bad idea to tell the server I am targeting something out of range. I tried to click on the map somehow to navigate close to the NPC, but I can't seem to make anything navigate that way. I must be missing something. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I searched for an answer to this, but came up empty handed. Any help is appreciated 🙏

Last edited:
I find them on the npc list in mySEQ, then /nav spawn <npcnamehere> (not target them until actually close), as I've read on here its bad form to target a mob outside the parameters that you're supposed to be able to target them.

*edit: what Daxchu said :)

/nav spawn <npcname>
Oh wait. I did this wrong. I tried doing it but I was actually typing /nav "NPC name" (without the quotes) and didn't realize I needed to type spawn before hand. I'll try this. Thank you 🙏

I find them on the npc list in mySEQ, then /nav spawn <npcnamehere> (not target them until actually close), as I've read on here its bad form to target a mob outside the parameters that you're supposed to be able to target them.

*edit: what Daxchu said :)
Exactly. Don't target things out of range for sure. Thank you for the response.

Neat one I learned from discord is to add `| paused` to the command.

INI:
/nav spawn Search | paused

This will test the nav can go and will paint the line but not send you on your way. Can even take a look at whatever layer has it on the map to see the planned path before hand.

Question - Nav Target on Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back